Unreal 4.0 Developer – VR Game Company – Long Island, NY
Labrodex Studios, a well-funded and growing virtual reality game company is searching for a hands-on Engine Programmer for Unreal 4.0. We are located on Long Island in New York and will help with relocation expenses.
*View a recent article about our company and current UE4 project here. *
We will help with relocation expenses for the right candidate. No Sponsorship.
In this position, you’ll be working with our in-house team on current UE4 projects. This could include working on UI, Mission Systems, Trade Systems and AI functions, to name a few. You’ll also be helping to optimize level design, maximizing VR performance along with assisting the artists with technical questions.
We are looking for someone who has 2+ years of experience as a developer in the game industry. You should have experience with Unreal (UE4), C++, Blueprints and Visual Studio. Your background should include working on games that have been released for PC or console. If you have a passion for 3D gaming, virtual reality and meet the below criteria, we would like to speak with you.
• Must be highly-organized, a fast learner and have the ability to resolve problems quickly.
• Must have 2+ years programming experience with Unreal in the gaming industry with at least one released title.
• Must have excellent coding skills in C++ and Blueprints.
• Experience coding AI, UI, game balance, questing, inventory and multi-player helpful.
• Experience working with shaders, physics, lighting, rendering, frame rate optimization also helpful.
• Must be a fast and efficient coder with excellent documenting and code optimization skills.
• Familiarity with Perforce, source control and basic project management skills a must.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a ground-floor opportunity at a well-funded and growing VR/3D entertainment software firm. If you are looking for entry into this space, please send us your resume!