Unreal (Tournament) editor freezes when it tries to open any secondary window

After installing the UE for the first time and trying to create a blueprint it froze. I have since found out that it freezes with practically any secondary window, the colour picker comes to mind. I have no idea why it is happening.

I have tried reinstalling it multiple times and have updated my graphics drivers but it still freezes.
Here’s my DXdiag: ------------------System Information------------------ Time of this r - Pastebin.com

Hi MrDreamhost,

Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce this on my end. Are you using the NVidia graphics card or is it resetting to your integrated card? Additionally, are all of your drivers up to date?

I have set the default graphics card to the Nvidia card in th Nvidia control panel so it should be selected properly. As far as the drivers are concerned I believe I have them all updated. Any other than the graphics drivers that I need to look out for?

No, in this instance I believe the CPU and GPU are the only two that could be affecting it, and both look fine in your dxdiag, so I doubt that’s the problem if the drivers are up to date.

Check to ensure that the editor and launcher are listed as exceptions in your firewall program. If this still does not work, can you list the exact steps you are taking before the freeze occurs and whether the freeze is temporary or if the editor must then be manually shut down?

They are listed as exceptions both for private and public networks in the firewall and it’s still happening.

Here’s what do from startup:

1. I start the epic games launcher.
  2. I click launch on the Unreal Tournament in the create tab.
  3. The editor opens on the default gym level.
  4. I Right-click in the content panel.
  5. I click Blueprint class under create Basic Asset.
  6. It freezes.

If the freeze isn’t permanent it is very long. The task Manager does flag it as not responding and I have left it for over an hour and it was still .

I noticed a slowdown when I first opened the project that I would attribute to the sheer amount of content being loaded and rendered. Try waiting ~5 minutes before creating any blueprints, do you see a difference?

Trying that did not work. I by chance have met someone who had similar problems and I fixed it. Apparently Nahamic for MSI was the cause of the issue, I don’t know why, but after uninstalling it the editor works just fine when creating blueprints or opening any other window.

I do appreciate the help you gave me. Thank you for your time :).

I’m happy to hear this is no longer occurring for you. I will mark this as answered for tracking purposes.