Unreal Studio - Stuck on Entitlement Check

“Something went wrong. We were unable to verify your access to the plugin before timing out.” SOLUTION

Please follow the step :

1. First uninstall software Like : Kaspersky Antivirus or Kaspersky internet security (tested) Report OK
  2. Start unreal engine Studio and check plugin working or not.
  3. If working properly then install Kaspersky.
  4. Exit Kaspersky then run unreal engine select studio version and import. 100% work.

“Something went wrong. We were unable to verify your access to the plugin before timing out.” SOLUTION

Please follow the step :

1. First uninstall software Like : Kaspersky Antivirus or Kaspersky internet security (tested) Report OK
  2. Start unreal engine Studio and check plugin working or not.
  3. If working properly then install Kaspersky.
  4. Exit Kaspersky then run unreal engine select studio version and import. 100% work.

Same here, spent a lot of time trying to resolve this

I think you meant “uninstall” Kaspersky. We are researching why Kaspersky is giving us such a problem. If we can solve it, we will.

Hi I have the same problem with bitdefender total security 2018, I uninstall bitdefender, went to windows firewall, open the ports as described above and it worked perfectly…

Any luck on this? I removed the virus checker and it worked, but then I update UE4 and the problem returned.

Works until you next update UE4

Seems to be fixed with 4.19.1

Not…

Hi there ,

Sorry to hear the problem is reoccurring every update :frowning:
I see you tried a few things already.
You probably already read it but if not .
There’s more info regarding that issue here:
https://unrealstudiohelp.epicgames.com/s/article/Network-Connectivity-Troubleshooting

I think the problem was caused by trying to combine this with Vray for Unreal and Anima.

I’m extremely new to Unreal and additionally only recently learned about the Studio addon (to import 3ds Max and v-ray items). And within Unreal Editor, I too experienced this same issue.

For me, if I UNINSTALLED Kaspersky (pausing it wasn’t enough), then YES, it did work and Datasmith Import would work fine.

I’ve reinstalled Kaspersky and it stops working again.

This to me seems where the problem lies, i.e. Kaspersky.

(for info I’m on 4.19. Unreal and Kaspersky 2018 Internet Security).

UPDATE.

Retried uninstalling Kaspersky and this time SAVING the project once I’d imported it via Datasmith - from then onwards, it’s been working fine (even after reinstalling Kaspersky) :slight_smile:

UPDATE to my previous post I retried one more time as follows;

I uninstalled Kaspersky, restarted my computer, then retried Unreal, retried importing via Datasmith (worked fine as expected since Kaspersky was uinstalled).

THEN SAVED the Unreal Project (this I didn’t try the first time).

Just for luck, I created a brand new project, imported again the 3ds Max scene via Datasmith button and again SAVED the project.

I then re-installed Kaspersky, restarted computer (just for luck!) and retried Unreal, importing via Datasmith, and it’s working fine :slight_smile:

So… SAVING your project a few times once you’ve imported via Datasmith (maybe once might well be enough I don’t know) fixed things for me.

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Sorry for double / triple posting here, but this is still a problem for me, and it looks like Kaspersky is the problem :frowning:

i have the same problem too with Kaspersky. Frankly i hope you will find a solution because uninstalling the antivirus everytime it’s time consuming…

the problem is that if you deactive Kaspersky it doesn’t work neither. You need to uninstall it completely if you want this to work…

It’s being looked into

what is strange is that suddenly yesterday and the day before worked again like a charm. But sadly today i ve again the same problem.

I have norton Here But I do have the same problem

Hi there trytoh,

Thank you for reporting it , we will add it to the list.
Just know, that we are working on it.

Here the list i have so far :

• McAfee Enterprise
  • Kapersky Antivirus
  • Teamviewer
  • Akamai Netsession Client
  • Norton

Thank you

We currently are checking every 30 days, so that might be the problem.