Unreal Studio - Stuck on Entitlement Check

I’m behind a fairly restrictive corporate proxy and am unable to pass the entitelment check on the new Datasmith plugin. Is there a way I can configure the engine to use a defined proxy? I’ve had this problem with the launcher and am able to get around it by adding -http=wininet to the shortcut.

Unreal Studio does use the Launcher systems for entitlement checks, so I’m not sure why it wouldn’t work for you. I haven’t heard of that option, maybe [USER=“9”] Ellis[/USER] knows more.

We are preparing an offline/floating license version, but it isn’t going to be free. If you want that, you’ll have to reach out to us here.

Im also stuck on entitlement check, says it timed out and then I cant import CAD. Could this be related to net framework?

So I’ve tried on a non-proxied network and I continue to get the error message - Something went wrong. We were unable to verify your access to the plugin before timing out. - The launcher does indicate I have ‘Subscriber Status’ - is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot this?

There are known problems: Kapersky and Akami to name two. If these are installed, they will block our access. They have to be uninstalled or disabled to let you get at least a ping out to our server.

edit: just reported: Mcafee anti virus is blocking IRC communication

Any updates on this? I’m trying to migrate from the Datasmith beta to the Studio beta but can’t even import my objects because of the entitlement check hang. I’m using Kaspersky and don’t really want to either turn it off or uninstall it as it’s a paid application on my main workstation which I really don’t want to compromise security on. Any ideas? I’d really love to try this out as I think it’s almost certainly the future of Archviz. Thanks.

We are planning to get a copy of Kapersky ourselves and study this behavior in QA. I don’t know when a fix is possible. The fastest thing is for you to temporarily remove Kapersky, get Datasmith to work, then reinstall Kapersky. This should buy you time until we have a fix.

I have disabled Kaspersky and tried its not working and I have reinstalled Engine and datasmith both, but I could not able to fix Entitlement check…:frowning:

Same issue here.
Disabling Kaspersky has no affect and I STILL get the same error

Full list of blocking software that users have found so far. Anyone one of these can cause an issue:

• McAfee Enterprise
  • Kapersky Antivirus
  • Teamviewer
  • Akamai Netsession Client

I have kaspersky and team viewer …Should I uninstall or disable is ok?

Try this:
You need the following ports unblocked:
80, 443 (https), 5222 and **6666 ** <- 6666 is most likely the important one here

What our devs say:
They can access an exact list of domains needed for whitelisting inside their launcher via the Troubleshoot option in the settings. The launcher will do endpoint testing for them as well so they can see exactly which ones it is having trouble accessing.

Here is a complement of information:

https://unrealstudiohelp.epicgames.com/s/article/Network-Connectivity-Troubleshooting

This does not help. Issue remain the same.

In the Unreal troubleshooter, all boxes are ticked green so also no issues there

Just updated to the latest 4.19.0 as well as latest Datasmith plugin.
STILL not working and STILL getting issues with the “Entitlement check”

Well, the core problem is that your network config is blocking us from talking to our server. Unless you can give us details about why that might be happening, we can’t examine it. Did you do all the steps in the troubleshooting document?

Otherwise, report Unreal Studio bugs here: https://unrealstudiohelp.epicgames.com/s/article/How-do-I-report-a-bug

We have published the problems we know prevent the “call home” from working, but it doesn’t mean we know all situations. It seems you have found something new blocking network access. You’ll have to open a case with us at this point.

Same here.
Despite all the recommendations done, still the same message:

“Something went wrong. We were unable to verify your access to the plugin before timing out.”

“Something went wrong. We were unable to verify your access to the plugin before timing out.” SOLUTION

Please follow the step :

1. First uninstall software Like : Kaspersky Antivirus or Kaspersky internet security (tested) Report OK
  2. Start unreal engine Studio and check plugin working or not.
  3. If working properly then install Kaspersky.
  4. Exit Kaspersky then run unreal engine select studio version and import. 100% work.

OMG man!!!
Your method works like a charm !
Thank you !