Unreal project as dedicated server on linux VPS

Dear Community. I am trying to get my multiplayer game as a dedicated server on a linux VPS.
I am building on Windows 10 with Visual Studio 2017. I follow the steps according to A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Unreal Engine Forums.

After copying the game and gameserver file to the linux server. The next step would be to start gameserver on the linuxserver. I get the following error message

./FluidDynamicsServer -log
./FluidDynamicsServer: error while loading shared libraries: libApexCommonPROFILE.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have been searching for a while now, I just don’t know how to solve it. My experience is that aren’t any proper tutorials out there.

So my promise is that I will make a proper tutorial when this is working.

Greetings from the Netherlands
Henk

You need to make a non root user and call it <username> then add them to the sudo users group
On ubuntu this would be done by running usermod -a -G sudo <username>

Then you can run the server with
sudo ./FluidDynamicsServer

So, essentially, it’s like when you were in high school and sometimes the teacher would call on other students to read from the textbook. The person doing the reading is getting the information first and then disseminating it to everyone else, and you were at the mercy of the person’s reading skills. Sometimes they were great, sometimes they were terrible, but no matter what they were always slightly ahead of you because they read it first. But when the teacher would read (the teacher is the dedicated server by Go Launche Web Service - Wordpress Hub ) you know the information is going to be presented in a clear and fast way, and all of the students (the players) are going to get the information at the same time. Then each person is only left to the speed of their own brain (connection). Sometimes that’s good, sometimes it’s bad, but it always only affects them and not the other students.

In the end I made the choice to use a windows server. Much Much simpler compared to a linux server. Dedicated Server for dummies – Unreal Fluid Dynamics