Unreal Film Jam | Sep 4 - Oct 19 | Theme: Oh, the places you’ll go

Dear Victor, UE4 team,
I can understand that the results of this competition may have not fulfilled the high standards of the ue4 criteria in order to showcase any of the movies in your platforms, but I still consider totally irresponsible and unprofessional from your part to leave all participants in ignorance, regarding if and when their work will be evaluated.

I think it’s safe to assume it’s not a hold-up on their end. Probably an issue with sponsors or something etc?

Although I think that since it’s been 10 months since the contest started they should just announce the winners/give the prizes (out of their own pocket if sponsors or whatever are delaying things, not like the prize fund would be a huge hit to them).

Or at least an estimated date or cut-off date where they’ll decide to judge/announce it themselves, if the other partners involved are causing the delay. Hopefully this doesn’t just get forgotten about, and they run another one this year.

Any updates?

Would also love an update

@VictorLerp News?

Hi @VictorLerp can we have an update on this contest please?

I understand that we went trough quarantine and working from home but it’s been more than 8 months now.
Considering that since 19th October 2019 there were multiple other unreal events, we can see that there’s was time and resources to organise 2 major game jams and review more than 700 games which is a huge amount. It’s hard to believe that it takes more than 8 months to review less than 4 hours of shortfilm content, so i think the participants of the film jam deserve an explanation to what’s the situation.

I’m sorry if I sound harsh but it is very demotivating to see that the film jam was forgotten and dismissed for so long after all the effort that all participants put in their submissions. :frowning:

Any news?..

Hey all - I wanted to provide you an update when I had something other than “we’re still working on it”, and I can finally tell you that the entries have been judged and we’ll be announcing the results soon. For the record, Covid added a small delay to the results but it was minor in comparison to the reason why we had to delay it in the first place. The next update will be the last one, I promise!

UPDATE

After a long wait, we’re excited to announce the winners of the Unreal Film Jam! The quality of the submissions went beyond even our wildest expectations. From aspirational journeys of growth and connectedness to stories of silly robots and adorable kitties, we had the pleasure of enjoying your outstanding visual-storytelling talents. If you haven’t watched the entries, we highly recommend you do so; the YouTube playlist can be found here.

And without further ado…

1st Place and Audience Choice:

**Walled Up **by Alexander Goodwin and Rita Mirgo

2nd Place:

**Bombs Away! **by Bromhead

3rd Place:

**Neon Skies **by Neon Skies Team

Congratulations to the winners above—and all who participated! We appreciate each and every ounce of your patience as we finalized the contest. You should be proud of your work and thank you for sharing your abilities with us.

Wow! Thank you and all the participants! We are super happy!

Incredible! Thank you so much. Well done to the other finalists and everyone who entered. Time for a beer!

Wohooo. We are so happy ^_______^
Awesome!! Congrats everyone. :slight_smile:

@JackBromhead Well done. love your short , very refreshing. :slight_smile:
and how did you make bombs be so cute??? :p:p

@AlexGoodwin Congrats and Rita. great project and beautiful story. <3
Also the story couldn’t be more representative of the current times in our society. Did you knew what was going to happen this year?? :eek::wink:
well done

Thanks! Yeah, we also were quite shocked when the first new about covid appeared. Guess we just felt the zeitgeist )

pretty looking forward to that! will try to make something new!