Unreal Film Jam | Sep 4 - Oct 19 | Theme: Oh, the places you’ll go

Thanks for the playlist, pretty good to see what everyone did… altough i can’t find my entry in the playlist… is this a mistake ? Wasn’t it eligible ?

Edit : nevermind it’s been added, thank you

Hi Victor
Thanks for the playlist. there’s some pretty cool entries. Great work from everyone.

I do have a question, wasn’t the short film meant to be done within the contest period with the theme that was given? I thought those were the rules, but I can see a few projects that were done before the jam was launched.
If this is within the rules then it’s a bit weird to have projects done in a month besides others that could have taken 6 months if we can submit shorts done before.

Congratulations to everyone who put their work in the event, they are very good.
I understood from the Unreal Film Jam rules that videos should be submitted from September 4, 2019, but I saw videos from July 2019 and June 2019 on the list. Is this correct? Especially when there is a prize related to the likes of Youtube. I’m punctuating this and if we imagine someone catching a video from 5 years ago, then he would have had a much longer time earning likes and also doing a much more accurate job. When it says “All entries must be submitted during the Contest Period.”, I believe this includes the upoload of the YouTube video as well. I am wrong?

Does anyone know when the results get announced?

Well, it says on or about November 5 in the official rules. So I guess the results will be soon.

I guess this was more complicated to review than anticipated?

Any news about the contest or was there any cancellation and we were not informed?

I imagine they’d inform us or still be expected to pay out to the winners. They didn’t specify when the results would be out to be fair, maybe they have something planned. EG. post the results along with some new announcement or at some event? Or maybe a problem with the sponsors or something delaying it.

Hopefully we hear something about it soon, at least to let us know it’s still going on, or if anyone has been informed as a finalist.

Hey all, judging is still ongoing and the winners will be announced here!

Looking forward to seeing the winners! Any news on this?

Is this only likely to be announced next year?

The ‘year in review’ thread has an image of the Unreal Film Jam; Year in review - December 19 - Live from HQ - Events - Unreal Engine Forums

Maybe they’ll announce the results tomorrow?

If not, can we get a rough estimate when the results are expected? The official rules said people would be notified on or around 5th November.

Good spot, I hadn’t seen that :slight_smile:

Sadly not. No mention of it in the livestream, it was asked about in chat a few times too.

Hey all, just wanted to give a quick update. The projects are still being reviewed and judged, and we want to announce the winners as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience, and stay tuned!

Any estimate on when they’ll be announced?

Any plans for another film jam?

Hi! Any new updates about the final date?

Hey @AlexGoodwin, we don’t have a set date that we can give you, but we’re doing our best to wrap up the jam. Thanks for your patience while we work through this.

We’re excited to host another film jam this year, and the winners announcement delay are not reducing the chance of it happening!

Victor, how are you? Has the contest been canceled or is it still in progress? We look forward to news about new contests this year to practice our learning in the last year, since the first contest. Do you have a forecast?