Unreal Engine 'Top' and All other Views Are Blank

I am using UE v4.20.2, I have been following the Battery Collector tutorial and on the last step I went to make polishing touch changes, the first step was changing the view from ‘Perspective’ to ‘Top

After doing so, the screen only appeared blank. I tried every single other view and all of them were blank, the screen is not even displaying the grid. Some help would be great as I have not found any helpful posts while searching elsewhere.

I provided images of what I am seeing below, I also included a perspective image of my grid relative to the level because I read something online that the position of my map relative to the grid may have some affect on what I am seeing.

Can provide any other info or images if needed. Thanks.

Perspective View

Top View

Grid to Map Relative Spacing - Perspective View

1 Like

I have the same issue.

Any advice?

(Not even the wireframe shows a grid.)

Hey @anonymous_user_663e85aa1
Hey @Leomerya12

Look at the distance in one of the greyed-out viewports. In the example above you can see “10km” that is really far away so you can’t see anything. If this is also the case for you (@Leomerya12 ) you just have to zoom in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

Originally it was at some astronomically high number, so I brought it down, but it still looks like this:

Not even the wireframe grid shows, and when I try to set the VIEW MODE to “Lit” it crashes Unreal. Very strange.

Hey @Leomerya12

can you test this: Select an object in the WorldOutliner on the right and press F. This will focus your view on this object. Does this change anything?

3 Likes

BINGO.

Thank you!

1 Like