Unreal Engine Public Issues Tracker Is Now Available

Those are both available now. UE-31605 is marked as ‘Cannot Reproduce’. I’m not exactly clear on the details of that, but our QA team will be confirming that in the near future.

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there any new information on UE-20029? I thought I heard it was going to be fixed soon, but that was a while ago and I don’t remember where.

It’s not been fixed yet, but if you’re using the landscape grasstype for procedural foliage it was fixed by a users pullrequest for that specifically to enable the foliage to use the landscapes lightmap.

No ETA on this specific being fixed yet.

Hey!

I have a visibility request for UE-32201 (Latent functions cannot be used in AnimBPs - Character & Animation - Epic Developer Community Forums) which is caused in 4.12. We’re are currently working in 4.11 but want to upgrade a.s.a.p. and I am looking into broken stuff before actually upgrading and found this bug report which is the same in our project.

Looking forward to see the progress of this on the website as well!

Hey. Any of making UE-34998 visible? Thanks!

Unfortunately that one references some information for an internal project, so we can’t share it. But I can tell you that it was fixed for the 4.13 release, and you can see the Github commit to the Release branch here: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/7d63b89ff1174f6f2045b25e3b5cf1f314740f57

Cheers

OK fair enough, thanks for looking into it for me anyway. Yes I’ve seen the commit; my interest was because the commit introduces a bug which I needed to fix for our team today and I was just curious about what the commit itself was trying to fix so that I didn’t re-introduce the original bug!

Understood. The gist of the repro was to attack a large blueprint actor in-game while running on a dedicated server. The result is that sound FX for the damage would stop playing.

Cheers

Thanks for the extra info! Cheers!

Hello,

Is it possible to make this visible?

UE-33021

Thank you!

Here you go: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-33021)

An Update for UE-10172 would be great!

Sorry for the delayed response (holidays). I can’t see the original ticket anymore because it seems to have been moved into a different project as a task for our Framework team (now tracked as UEFW-235). Unfortunately we can’t make these public, but I’ll let you know that the task is unresolved and currently on backlog.

Cheers

What about Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-39989) ? (it’s related to this bug report https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/537696/capsule-trace-fails.html )

It’s visible now.

Cheers

Hey all, I wanted to make you aware of a *slight *change we made to the issues site.

Moving forward, issues.unrealengine.com will only display UE4 bugs and no longer list requests. This helps us get better clarity on fixes that need to be addressed and keeps the content consistent.

Unlike bugs, requests can be a bit more nuanced and require more conversation in order to better understand the ask and put proper action behind it. We encourage you to post new requests to the Feedback For Epic forum using the [ REQUEST] prefix so the community and development teams can get better visibility on these conversations.

Thanks for helping us identify ways to improve Unreal Engine 4!

OK, but is there any way to track progress on already discussed and accepted requests? So we’d see when it’s done and wouldn’t have ask you about it from time to time? :slight_smile:

Also nobody would know which request has been added to your todo list. People would have to search forums for it? It’s often difficult to find existing discussion on forums. I’m sorry, but it’s looks like this change will generate more chaos.
People are already confused: Spline Decals? - Feedback & Requests - Epic Developer Community Forums

What’s wrong with good old categories: crash, bug fix, request? :slight_smile:

I’ll see what we can do in this regard!

The goal of issues.unrealengine.com is to provide visibility into status on known issues (such as crashes and bugs) as we continue to work on the technology. We’re also able to gather community interest via the voting system in place on the site. requests are different and often require much more detailed conversation, so we’re leaning on the Feedback for Epic forum as a place for the development community to present and express interest in new​ Unreal Engine features.

It is all good, but realistically, where is that line, that separates an from a request?
There is a bunch of features requests, that are driven by issues, and otherwise, there might be bugs, that in reality are requests.