Unreal Engine: Now Available to Everyone for Free

[=;234714]
so if the game sold 3700$ on Q1, 2800$ on Q2, and 1200$ on Q3, would the total royalty be 5% of 7700$(all sales), 5% of 3700$(all sales from quaters which exceeded 3000$), 5% of 4700$(all sales - 3000$) or 5% of 700$ (all sales past 3000$/quater).

The total royalty due would be 5% of the $700.

[=;234714]
so if the game sold 3700$ on Q1, 2800$ on Q2, and 1200$ on Q3, would the total royalty be 5% of 7700$(all sales), 5% of 3700$(all sales from quaters which exceeded 3000$), 5% of 4700$(all sales - 3000$) or 5% of 700$ (all sales past 3000$/quater).
[/]

Hey ,
direct from EULA:

[]
The first $3,000.00 in gross revenue for each Product per calendar quarter;
[/]

It is 3000$ per quarter, so I don’t think revenue is accumulated in case

[=;234716]
Hey ,
direct from EULA:

It is 3000$ per quarter, so I don’t think revenue is accumulated in case
[/]

per quarter, did you mean like ?

Q1 $3700x5%
Q2 $2800x5%
Q3 $1200x5%

oh, i think i should re-read eula… i’m confused now

edit: im forget about over $3000,
that should be like :
Q1 $3700x5%
Q2 $2800x0% (not over $3000)
Q3 $1200x0% (not over $3000)

I better post before Epic thinks I don’t Luv them anymore.

Just want to say, as many times before -> ya’ll really live up to your name cuz is just totally -> EPIC !

& , you are like one of my favorite people in life, right now! lol :cool:

Please keep up the standards and the utmost in traditions of quality & content & community involvement, that you have started here, Epic!
For to me, you are all truly Epic !

Nico_4

keep it simple, you pay for:

Anything in a quarter that is OVER $3,000 per game / product
(from any source from anywhere in the world for that product)

ie: you pay for 1st quarter because it is over $3k
you don’t for the others because they are not over $3k

(no matter what is posted or said on these forums, all still comes under the Unreal/Epic’s ToS)
(per ToS, you need to let them know that you have a product for sale, where, and information concerning product)

so you can always ask Epic when you have your product ready for publication. and just focus on making that great game instead of worrying. :wink:

[=Nico_4;234723]
per quarter, did you mean like ?

Q1 $3700x5%
Q2 $2800x5%
Q3 $1200x5%

oh, i think i should re-read eula… i’m confused now
[/]

It’s not that bad. :slight_smile: The royalty is on earnings beyond $3000 per product per quarter. So:

Q1 $3700 - $3000 = $700 x 5% = $35
Q2 $2800 is under $3000 and = $0
Q3 $1200 is under $3000 and = $0

[=ayretek;234727]
Nico_4

keep it simple, you pay for:

Anything in a quarter that is OVER $3,000 per game / product
(from any source from anywhere in the world for that product)

ie: you pay for 1st quarter because it is over $3k
you don’t for the others because they are not over $3k

(no matter what is posted or said on these forums, all still comes under the Unreal/Epic’s ToS)
[/]

oh, sorry, im forget about $3000,
yeah, im understand now, thanks :slight_smile:

Have to say I was surprised about . I actually pulled over to the side of the road on my may to work to read the whole email.
on the other side I guess you could read into it that subscription intake was low and was becoming a negative, almost turning people away. they also seem to want to focus on selling us other stuff, e.g marketplace.

[=Mrdazza_460;234843]
Have to say I was surprised about . I actually pulled over to the side of the road on my may to work to read the whole email.
on the other side I guess you could read into it that subscription intake was low and was becoming a negative, almost turning people away. they also seem to want to focus on selling us other stuff, e.g marketplace.
[/]

From what I can tell, The subscription intake was doing just fine! They just wanted to open the doors to to help give an equal (From all backgrounds) to create the video-games of their dreams!

By the way, You’re automatically for road safety! Even a deal being as amazing as isn’t worth putting your life on the line! :>

Saw last night just before going to bed, didn’t know what to say… now I do…

is UNREAL!..

… sorry… :smiley: :rolleyes:

@ LOL. it’s also a $250 fine and 3 demerit points of our licence if the police find out (we get 12 demerit points before we loses our licence).

they seem to be pushing the unreal tournament onto us lot more I also get the feeling that unreal tournament assets or just there marketplace assets. will also be “made” available to us on the 2 marketplaces to use in UE4 games only. seems only logical to do that to me anyway.

[=Mrdazza_460;234843]
[/]

I actually think the opposite is true … they would never have refunded every subscriber their last months subs and given them $30 marketplace voucher if the up-take was low. I am with on one. 8-}

And kudos for Road Safety as well … good job. 8-}

[=;234876]
I agree with all the sceptical comments. A more experienced developer would rather see $19.99/month and support/bug fixes/further development.

Going free, now that they are at 4.7 and close to UE5, means:

1. fire the majority of the per project developers, i.e. slim down on salaray wages
  2. ramp down support
  3. ramp down development speed towards UE4.999999

It is a step towards abandon ware. Nothing to celebrate actually, unless the your are the 8yr old kid dreaming of making a game, as mentioned above.

, Please do not spread misinformation. We’re nowhere near UE5 and support or development speed is continuing at exactly the same pace.

[=;234876]
I agree with all the sceptical comments. A more experienced developer would rather see $19.99/month and support/bug fixes/further development.

1. fire the majority of the per project developers, i.e. slim down on salaray wages
  2. ramp down support

It is a step towards abandon ware. Nothing to celebrate actually, unless the your are the 8yr old kid dreaming of making a game, as mentioned above.

Thats a false dichotomy and so no just because something goes free / Open Source in no way will it always result in the outcome you suggest.

It is longer impossible to download UE4 in Belarus, it seems to be impossible in Lebanon too, and you say "to " ? Really ? What about the money we spend previously on subscription, what about the projects we started and now can’t complete because UE4 online resources is just blocked for us ?

[= Kryshen;234898]
It is longer impossible to download UE4 in Belarus, it seems to be impossible in Lebanon too, and you say "to " ? Really ? What about the money we spend previously on subscription, what about the projects we started and now can’t complete because UE4 online resources is just blocked for us ?
[/]

They are currently investigating ; It shouldn’t be the case. You’ve been told already that they are investigating though - So please have some patience! :> With GDC happening and massive news, They’ve got a LOT on their plate week!

[=;234892]
, Please do not spread misinformation. We’re nowhere near UE5 and support or development speed is continuing at exactly the same pace.

He is just trolling … I find if you don’t feed IT … IT goes away. 8-}

At the risk of getting into argument with anyone (again)…
I really can’t understand people who complain about being given UE4 for free. I mean, seriously guys. Why? How can you be “unhappy” about decision? And is it Epic’s move? Sure. It is business move. Believe it or not, Epic also needs to make living. You don’t expect people to work for free do you? As long as there is no underlying “bad intentions” (and I don’t believe there are) I really cannot have more respect for Epic at moment. They give you UE4 for freeeee!!!

Please don’t complain about it.

Thanks! That’s Epic :slight_smile:

[=;234876]

2. ramp down support

that’s a fairly dim view, I would say, I guess they have the stats on the number of people that still download UDK as free engine and targets them to UE4, because they might have been Flocking to the Unity or other engine. a lot of people seem to be turn off by the 19per month, but don’t underestimate the 8 year old kid the more exposer people have to a program the more likely they will use it in the future.