Unreal Engine Livestream - Animation Blueprint Setup & Walkthrough Part 3 - June 28 - Live from HQ

WHAT
Building on the concepts from the Animation Blueprint Setup & Walkthrough livestreams, Part 1 and Part 2, Jay will demonstrate how to create additive animations, such as hit reacts, and the melee twist, which gets some animation back on the hips when doing upper-body melee attacks. He’ll also share some tips and tricks on how to speed up your iteration times.

Download the FREE Paragon assets today!

WHEN
Thursday, June 28th @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
Twitch
Youtube
Facebook

WHO
Jay Hosfelt - Lead Animator - @HosFross](https://twitter.com/HosFross)
Tim Slager - Community Manager - @Kalvothe](http://twitter.com/Kalvothe)
Amanda Bott - Community Manager - @amandambott](http://twitter.com/amandambott)

If you have questions for the folks on the livestream, feel free to toss them in the comments below and we’ll try to answer them!

1 Like

I am with you on that one, however for the past few streams not a single question from these threads was asked during the stream :frowning: So I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I wish we would get some end-product implementations. Not just the initiate or the quick and dirty solution

Yes please and thank you kindly!

I can’t wait, But can you please include more info of the summer pack (Sorry there a lot of Characters from Paragon that me and others would like to know about that are still missing).

For the love of spaghetti and all that is full of holes, they show you how to do this in the Learn tab of the UE4 side of the Epic Launcher - > Content Examples. Load up the project and open the Animation level. Here’s the corresponding guide:

In the character, you can see that the example project turns the way you describe. Pretty sure it’s not that complicated, I looked at it a long time ago and keep telling myself I’ll do it “some day” :smiley:

Look at the project. The character has the 90 degree turn you’re talking about. It’s simply measuring the difference between aim offset and character rotation, then adding a rotation whenever the difference goes over 90. It’s right there, very straight forward.

The plant and turn thing I reckon needs to switch briefly to root motion IMHO. Aim offsets are a different case (I think) .

The character 100% does a turn in place when you move the mouse around past 90 degrees. Dig a little deeper, maychance

TBH it’s been over a year since I opened it and I don’t have the hard drive space to open it now, but that’s what I remember. I don’t think the trenchcoat dude does an owl-headed 360 rotate in place with its upper body.

Yah! :slight_smile:

[Question] how are these affected by the upcoming version 4.20 ? and what would be involved in updating them to 4.20 ?

PS: posting on the forums seems to be on crack today ! wanted access to my clipboard & some other craziness also :frowning:

[Question] How come the Shinbi AnimBP can’t be retargted to Rampage? Everytime I’ve attempted to do this the engine crashes, not even letting me send a bug report?

Loving the animation streams, keep them coming, would be nice if they were longer and more frequent though…

Hello. I’m loving the Paragon assets. I’m trying to figure things out and I have a question. I can’t understand what is the difference between
“PrimaryMelee_B_Slow” and “PrimaryMelee_B_Slow_MSA”.
What does MSA stand for? This acronym pops up in the namings of Paragon animations and I can’t figure it out.