Unreal Engine İs Dying?

yup … very nice joke … just blow my mind!! impressive hdr rendering!!
but i hate unity … very bad interface … not flexible as good as unreal :confused:

unreal + unity rendering features = awesome

I am leaning UE4 now, but you tell me UE4 IS DYING. you hurt me in my heart!

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet :slight_smile:

I told you guys : ) once Unity breaks the visual gap (and it **** well did with that environment demo, best i’'ve seen in a realtime engine so far, ofcourse this falls in with good art direction and direction. Unity will surpass UE for Indie devs I mean it technically has in many respects but this one thing will give UE real challenge. Maybe for the better.

Edit: TAA has been a love and hate relationship, Unity’s sampling used in the forest seems perfect for that kind of thing, it’s sharp and maintains movement detail well without blur artifacts, I wonder which sampling method they are using there but it certainly isn’t TAA from what i can tell.

I mean, loads of successful visualisation studios are using it every day with great results so I think the problem may be with you - you need to learn more. Otherwise, if something else is working for you then use that.

this is [A Deep Dive Into The Making of Unity's Book of the Dead]](https://unity3d.com/book-of-the-dead]) unity’s official website , not simple blog!!

image_127354.jpg

currently Optimal FXAA, Optimal TAA and SMAA antialiasing methods are available in unity …

hey buddy …
can you tell us how you can making of these in unreal??

how we can make an good video rendering with good antialias like as unity via unreal temporal AA ghosting?? :]
how we can render video directly from unreal with best quality with 5.1 audio like as unity?? [currently we have to render image sequences from unreal to achieve good quality and without audio!!]
how we can achieve to real supersampling without using fake methods like as sharpening postprocess material??
how we can directly render side-by-side stereo movie or true quality 360 panorama on unreal like as unity?? without using ansel or f***ing KnL pano plugin?? :]

and finally how we can good render with true color spaces?? this is my big deal on unreal :confused:

First off, i use unity since 2008, it’s my favorite engine ever and will always be, in 2016 i started to use UE4 for Archiviz and i can tell you one real simple thing: Both engines have limitless powers. The limit is called “user”. Unity 3-4 was cursed by bad games because unity became so easy to learn that everybody could do anything, and anything bad for sure, wasn’t about graphic problem, was just too hard to achieve good looking things without skills, a lot of skills btw and industry knowledge. saying that, i will tell you something:

Unreal isn’t dying, unity isn’t winning too because there is nothing to win, of course unity 2018 is a game changer, of course it is a massive update. This project you are quoting was made by developers that has been each one many many years in the game industry, and they are a team, not a solo guy mad at something, unreal doesn’t have to adapt to you, you that need to get better with it.

You will never achieve something good like that if you still want to complain about Engines. You can’t make fire without matches, and if you look at the first one who made it, he made it with a flint, so why do you have to blame the tool? The tool helps you, it doesn’t make everything perfect for you like magic

The problem is you, sorry, not UE4, neither Unity is the solution, it isn’t.

Give a great tool to a monkey and the job will not be success just because the tool is great. The monkey needs to evolve its brain before it can start building pyramids!

I gave enoes a banana but it didn’t take.

He is talking about this “dead” thing because he read random guy on Unity forum saying EpicGames is dying like news of 9 years ago were still relevant (before Tencent came in, etc and etc).

I’ve learned people on the on Internet read things and they almost never check dates for the “info” they read, it’s funny (and sad).

But Unity investing millions on graphics is a good thing; now they only have to build proper ‘real’ game engine tools like the bazillion of productivity tools Unreal4 has built-in already, specially in the area of Character animation, Persona, montage system, etc…
It’s just way too painful to work on Unity with so many core tools missing and coding shaders isn’t fun either.

Yes I agree. Unreal always had the best tools in the industry. Unity seems to be coder driven. The code might be great but it’s a pain to actually use it.

lumion dynamic lighting

I dont see anything that can’t be achieved by Unreal… seriously go for it if you want to… meanwhile lots of people wil still do Archviz, Movies and Games for a multitude of platforms… just saying :slight_smile:

People with talent can achieve wonderful things with UE4 and that is not a screenshot: 2018. Brace Yourself. Unreal Engine 4 Graphics Insanity Games Are Finally Coming! - YouTube

Please, don´t forget the main function of each tool… don´t compare game engines with visualizations tools or render tools…

I like to think that Epic team will improve UE4 to reach that quality, but it is good enough to reach very good archviz applications… you can see our humble ones to figure out the difference…

Unity has certainly caught if not surpassed UE4 quality, but this is how technology works. There is always the latest and greatest - but the good stuff will outlast them all. So time will tell, but so far UE has the best track record.