Unreal Engine İs Dying?

long time using unreal, dont want chance

Also… Ive seen the unity vs epic comparison interior on yt, hands down Epic looks better. We are about to enter the 8k screen as the new standart. Wonder if it will be implemented.

i’m just curios about nVIDIA AGAA!! ;]
seems that its specially AA method for films! (and in unreal)

how use AGAA or ssaa

currently you can’t!!

but its very simple … just like switching between TAA to FXAA ;]

ssaa i found 2015 year topic
i think understand agaa its new but for ssaa taa switch fxaa. its true

nope …
SSAA means supersampling AA means Screen Percentage in UE … inside postprocess settings …

TAA and FXAA and MSAA and SMAA and AGAA and CSAA and CMAA and TXAA and MLAA and MFAA and other AA are methods for anti-aliasing :]

i use screen percentage post proces but aa its not change.

as i mentioned before … tonemapper sharpen and SSAA are too buggy on movie capturing …
if you have ue 4.19 , you can be able to see SSAA affect on editor too … but same problem on movie capturing :confused:

i did screen per. 200-300 use because texture and effect its more good
but aa not change. if i set fxaa, ssaa work??

definitely yes … but fxaa produce jagged edges …

which better .fxaa so ssaa scren per. 200 or taa max

my preferred method is TAA with SSAA (screen per.) over 200 …
but i hope to see better AA methods on the next versions of UE …

P.S: unity using an special version of FXAA … better and sharper texture quality with blurry edges!

just screen per. is up not affect aa.
i dont understand what is ssaa

SSAA is an multiplier of an AA method samples … specifically on edges aliasing … more samples means less jagged edges , means better texture and object detailes …

example iclone supersampling set 3x 720p photo smooth edges
but ue4 screen per. 300-400 edges is terrible not affect aa.
i guess taa close and 300-400 try again, i gues taa screen per. doesnt work

am i know supersampling? example
1280x720 3x super sampling is 3840x2160 render but compress 1280x720p ,pixel density is up and smooth edges high texture and effect. its true.
but ue4 only texture and effect.

as i mentioned before, the true supersampling in unreal is actually impossible!!
just waiting for better aa methods … specifically for video rendering …

Everyone who is having trouble with AA: Switch to FXAA and use Epic anti-aliasing scalability settings in your project. This will remove annoying jagged edges better than anything else. No, FXAA is not absolutely perfect, but it is a fast multipurpose solution that works very well for the cause. There does come a point when you simply need to increase resolution to capture more detail.

For cinematics, increase your screen percentage in post process settings to 200%. This achieves the same effect as “Supersampling” by doubling the render resolution horizontally and vertically, then downsampling the result to your final output. However, don’t expect this to dramatically solve all your aliasing problems. You get marginally better quality and quadruple difficulty in rendering.

for sharpening edges the simple way is using sharpen postprocess material … good results with TAA … but its an fake supersampling method :]

and seems that UNREAL ENGINE IS DYING :confused:

LOL Thanks for the Joke