Unreal Engine for CAVE™, Multi wall, Cluster systems

Oof! facepalm I looked through the documentation multiple times but somehow didn’t see those parameters until checking back again after reading this response. Thanks so much for your help!

Hey @, I am a student at university and got to get a project running on a power wall. After quiet some setbacks I finaly got it running. We have an active-stereo 3D Projector system at the university and for some reason I am incapable to get the nDisplay running for active stereo. I would be very happy for any help. Kind regards

Edit: I found some kind of work around for active Stereo. You can either move the camera position on your cluster by 0.064 if you are not using tracking. If you are using tracking you got to move the Origin by 0.064 on either your master or slave cluster. An other option is using side by side and use eye_swap=true on either of your cluster PC.

However an other Issue opened up. Was someone able to properly configure the Buttons on his tracking system and make them work?
I am using ART Flystick with Dtrack and VRPN.

I am having troubles with nDisplay’s stereoscopic rendering in CAVE mode. I cannot start “up and down” across two GPUs, so I wanted to use 4 viewports * 2 for each eye. But that doesn’t work, since we can use only one camera. How can I achieve this?

We have many systems powered by ART, look more for details into ART Tracker settings that output vrpn data + vrpn.cfg at vrpn server side to set it up properly.

Since 4.22 we have implemented multi-viewport functionality within single app instance. However, specifying a unique camera per viewport and specifying its offset for proper stereoscopic configuration is only going to be available in 4.23.

I’m trying to launch Ndisplay and see what is going on but i keep getting an application not found error.

any ideas? I set the CFG and the exe files but when i hit run, it says application not found.

I got black windows when trying to launch nDisplay across network. it worked fine in one pc though. Please help

Could you please attach log files from your nodes?

Seems like you do not have an application available at the path you specifying in the launcher.
Each node receives the command to launch an app by a specified path, which means each node should have that app on the same path.
I usually recommend using tools like FreeFileSync to deploy apps over cluster.

Can anyone help me set up my project, I have four screens Front, Left, Right and down. All the 3 screens are 19201080(16-9) and the down is of 19201440(16-10).
I am having a hard time to create a config file for the same. If anyone could take time and help me it would be great.

Regards,
Nisp2709

Look for example configs folder under template project. You can also reach us at for more support.

Is there a guide on how to set up the unique camera per viewport use case in 4.23+? I have a use case where I’d like to have three different viewports each with a very different camera view, with one camera’s location being changed at runtime and two remaining static. Thanks for any guidance anyone can provide.

Use “camera” projection policy. in DisplayClusterProjectionAPI there is a function to assign a reference to cinecamera for a given viewport that have “camera” policy.

I am getting an error in the NDisplayLauncher saying this: Node node_2_up has no windows property specified. I am using UE 25. Has something changed?

Yes, look at example configs that coming with nDisplay template project in 4.25

Hi,
I am working with CAVE2 system (a 320-degree workspace of 72 screens). I am having a problem with the visualized view of the camera.

The ndisplay view: Running for example the NDisplay sample demo, we could see the side columns in our CAVE2 are blended with very sharp curves which should not be the case. For us, we think we have a “barrel effect” typical for extra-wide view cameras. The artifacts between columns are consistent with over-compensating for angles and distance. The images seem like the camera angle is wrong, not sure how and when n-display over-writes the camera angle of Unreal but it must do since us changing the angle in Unreal does not impact the image displayed. We would see similar effect if the perspective projection reduces the size of objects twice as fast as it has to (i.e. perspective horizon is too close). We have checked the coordinates and angles and they seem OK to us.

Any tips or suggestions to sort out this issue will be appreciated.
Note: the issue is there with or without the head tracker.

Thanks

Hello, could you please send me more details at ?
We are engineers who developed nDisplay and I would be happy to assist you in getting CAVE2 up and running!

ndisplay 模式下,master作为控制端是可以执行鼠标点击事件,我想在其他node节点上也可以单独执行鼠标点击事件,请问需要怎么做?