Unreal Engine for CAVE™, Multi wall, Cluster systems

Blending the projectors so they are seamless when they overlap?

Yes I cant way to test it, I have a set up of 3 20k projectors and really want to see how your plugin works@

thats what I though,
It might require specific post process shader, but if thats a demand for users, why not

[/QUOTE]

keep us updated on your progress!

A little tutorial will mean progress :slight_smile:

hey man,

I got some problems running the project with 4.15.2. It gives the error:
The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:

UE4Editor-UvrDEv.dll

Would you be able to give some assistance?

Best regards,

Yes it would be great if I could get this to run if there was a tutorial

Epic staff merging our minor fixes into 4.18 engine code base and we would be able to put plugin at marketplace. This would simplify deployment and configuration a lot.
Manual and guides going to be updated accordingly to this upcoming changes.

Stay tuned.

Hi, when will this plugin be available on marketplace?

I’m look forward it.

Thanks.

We implemented directx 11.1 support for stereoscopic rendering and other features as well.
Engine modifications are under review by epic staff and hopefully will be available soon out of the box.

Feel free to send your requests to try plugin at @vrcluster.io

this github link is 404, can you update? thanks

This is really cool, have no idea how it works but do you think it is also possible to setup this to render videos/image sequences of a multi-camera setup?

This is amazing.This semester I met a similar case, can you share this CAVE VR plug-in to me?
753243704@qq.com
Thanks so much

Its available now out of the box - nDisplay
feel free to drop me a message at if you need any help in deployment and support.

It’s great! Er… the website of vrcluster cannot be open…
Can you share this plugin for me?

These will help me a lot, thank you very much!

Hello @, I’m excited to use nDisplay and appreciate you sharing it. Upon inspecting the documentation, example file, and configuration file, I’m not seeing where to specify multiple displays for a single machine. Is this possible?

sure, you can specify few screens and few nodes in confguration file same way how it works for cluster. Just use same ip address.
Nice GUI configuration tools on the way!

Awesome, thanks! I’m excited to try this out this weekend!

Hi @, I’ve set up a simple two display test case based on the template file included in Unreal Engine (4.21.1). Everything seems to be set up properly, except when I press Run in the launcher, my UE4 application seems to pop up briefly with a black screen and then close.

Other than the config file and corresponding filepath field in the editor, the template project is largely unchanged, and I’ve followed the instructions here as closely as possible. I’ve attached images of my setup and console messages as well as my config file (I’ve changed the extension to txt so it can be uploaded and replaced my IP address with localhost in this version for the sake of protecting my unique IP address).

Do you have any ideas as to what might need to be corrected?

EDIT - PROBLEM SOLVED

After going through the files some more, I realized I forgot to include some arguments in the [cluster_node] section, specifically some settings needed for the host node. It should have read:
[cluster_node] id=node_2_up addr=<localIpAddress> screen=screen_2_up viewport=vp_1080 port_cs=41001 port_ss=41002 master=true sound=true

Once I included these arguments, everything works as expected and I was able to do multiple displays on one computer. For anyone else experimenting with this, I also realized the original template file designates two displays per node.

Hi ,

First of all, congratulations - your work is excellent and the degree of pioneering / engineering involved are without precedent.

So good to see that determined people can achieve such outstanding results!

That being said - we are currently working on a UE4 project for a very large-scale exposition in Germany.

Originally, we planned to run the project on a high-resolution display / projector, but it was since decided that we have to take this one step further and run it on a setup with 5 individual projectors.

Would you mind me contacting you via PM for guidance on what approach to take to make this work?

Best regards & thank you very much in advance,

Til

Hi @, I’ve finally had the opportunity to try this on a setup with more than one display. I have three 1920x1080 projectors on three walls of a room (left, front, and right), all running from one machine. The three instances open properly, but they all appear on the same display. I can’t seem to figure out what I’m supposed to do to get them to appear on separate displays and feel like I may be missing something that’s straightforward. I’ve also tried modifying the example config files with no luck. There seem to be no other answers to this on the forum. I’ve attached my config file. Thanks!

You should specify positions of your app instances, you can do by specifying winx/winy/resx/resy parameters for each node (look at attached image).
Launcer automatically read this values and build correct launch strings for app.

Anyways, feel free to reach me at