Unreal Engine Bug Submission Form

I have been having a with a unreal project building for the last week and a half. The started when I upgraded my system ssd(250gib) to a new one(1 terabyte) with Ubuntu 20.04. A fresh install. The previous was Ubuntu 16.04. Additionally I switched the video card from a Nvidia GTX 950 to 1660 Super. My computer is a i7-2700k with 16gb ddr. So, the OS is on the ssd, Unreal and project on 1.5 terabyte hard drive. I did a full memory check and hard drive check with the project which shown no errors.

I could not build or cook the project on the new ssd with Ubuntu. I was able to a derived cache build fully but could not cook. It’s not the ssd nor the video card. I think there is a problem with Ubuntu 20.04 and Unreal Engine 4.21. I will upgrade the project but that’s not a. I stripped down the project and it built partially after removing a few maps that’s package but overall it fails.

This morning, I decided to install the old ssd with Ubuntu 16.04 then build two variations of the project. It built and cooked.

What could possibly be wrong?

Most of the logs are here OrvilleGalaxyRebuild - Google Drive

1 Like

Made a world creator height map and made it for unreal engine & squished the map small and tall and had to scale it bigger to get the correct landscape… also crashing when i build the game or sometimes click play, i got a 1070, i7-6700, 16 gb ram, so please fix all these bugs, unreal has been out for 23 years and quite unusable sometimes… thats why more people dont use this im guessing, lots of potential just wish it wasnt as buggy and crash and unfinished

1 Like

non-stop crashing when saving and building game, i have a good pc, 1070, i7 6700, 16 gb ram, temps are fine, verified files and sent crash logs but sometimes it freezes my pc and goes black and i looked it up and thats been happening for years… cant even make a landscape without crashing

Hey hey, the bug submission form has been stuck on the spinning wheel each time I submit for 2 days now, I’ve tried all kinds of browsers with and without extensions.
Is the form still meant to be the primary way to report bugs? By this form I mean: Unreal Engine Bug Submission Form
If that is the case, I am hoping it is a temporary and gets fixed soon, if not, then what is the new relevant place to submit bug reports?

1 Like

still didn’t work for me!

Nice! thank you for the announcement

hello.
I have many problems and errors with version 5.2, it doesn’t save everything, it hides some parts of the landscape, one hides my character as a reference, (without doing anything to it) when I play the actor is in free fall without doing anything to it. I worked on versions 5 and 5.1, it worked great but I got a crash a few times when I tried to sculpt and I reinstalled everything. I installed version 5.2, I read that it has a lot of advantages, to work on it and more problems.
Can someone help me?

Hello everyone!
If someone from staff can help me, when I play my character is in free fall, and I can’t do anything, I want to build a floating island. but only in the first 3 steps my character is in free fall if I play.
Can you follow the steps I’m communicating and tell me if I have problems or if it’s the same for everyone!?

1. create a new project;
  2. we create a new world;
  3. we create the light of the environment;
  4. create normal landscape 63-63, 2x2; (here we can see if the dam play character is stable, walks on stage)? perfect go on
  5. insert a tube geometric shape from the “content drawer”;
  6. we scale it x 3000, y 3000, z 150;
  7. insert a character in the middle of the scene for reference and play, to see how the scene behaves, and if the character is not in free fall here!?
    please tell me if there is some error or only I have this error?
    thank you for your attention!

Why is a log file needed? There are tons of bugs that don’t log anything. For example, there are project settings that don’t do anything. What log are you supposed to provide for that?

edit: Also, could we have a way to delete the bug report if it is fixed? There doesn’t seem to be a way to do that.