Unreal Engine Bug Submission Form

Um. What are you talking about?

Only reporting crashes. This form is not.

@Amanda.Bott Fixed colors for you…

1 Like

A little suggestion:
Wouldn’t it be better to provide a “Module” List, where the Submitter can choose what exactly is affected (Blueprint,AnimGraph, Editor, A certain Plugin etc)

3 Likes

Hello. New bug in 4.19: every time after restart project childs class not save variables. Example:
I have a base actor that is created for items, and there are a couple of inherited classes. So every time I restart a project, the inherited classes do not save their parameters.

2 Likes

Hello, this bug is not fixed in 4.19 yet, staff please check this, example project for redproduce is included for version 4.19.

1 Like

Bugs are not resolved from 4.16 - in my case what I submitted (few), I think from earlier too. I hope in new engine version I will see less eye catching visuals added but more bugs resolved.

2 Likes

Trouble to help me deal with it! Ue4 Packaged HTML5, Open with a Nightly, Start Engine Error. I don’t know if it’s a problem with “Failed to openIndexedDB”. If so, how should I solve it?

2 Likes

The new bug reporting form is a huge step-down from efficient bug smashing. I can’t even count how many times issues have been solved thanks to either search finding it on AnswerHub, or through discussions and collaboration between epic devs and community devs. Some updates to AnswerHub to make it more effective for the epic staff would have been a much better move.
Waiting for something to randomly show up on the bug tracker is not really an option, the discussions, solutions and work-arounds quickly posted around AnswerHub however is.

AnswerHub also makes it easy to quickly get confirmation on if the bug is experienced by others, or is a fairly/completely isolated occurrence (in most cases indicating a local or user error).
It is in every way bad to move away from one of the most powerful tools that UE4 has, which has been the extremely fast and effective community dev and epic staff hive of solving issues, quicker and faster than any other engine out there. There is no calculation in this galaxy that could add up to the report form being a better solution in any way possible. End of story.

I’ve already had to search around for solutions to issues with the new 4.19 release, and trust you me that they are not on the bug tracker yet.

2 Likes

da sa imi bag pla in jocul vostru ca nu pot sa intru

2 Likes

Sad…Where i open a bug report for the bug report? Lolololol

2 Likes

I would disagree, a lot of the bug reports on the AnswerHub are due to developer incompetence, using parts of the engine in ways it’s not supposed to be used which then makes the bug report more of a request then an actual bug report. issues. The support technicians reluctance to report it as a bug is understandable IMO.
If you’ve got an UDN account, the same support technicians are way more trusting of a bug report, because they can kind of assume that you know what you’re doing.

2 Likes

An error occurs when a cascade replicates an emitter and moves it to another emitter. There is great difficulty in creating .

2 Likes

The lack of any feedback from Epic in all this time really doesn’t give a good impression of how much they care about the people using their engine, or of improving their engine for small developers.

2 Likes

In the previous version 4.18, everything works. In version 4.19 on android etc1 and etc1a loses textures, replacing them with garbage, consisting of color bands and various noises (PowerVR G6200). On (Adreno 306) closes the application after the download screen. PVRTC and ATC work fine. An error was detected after the engine was updated. The test uses Infinity Blade: . As in my project, most textures are not displayed correctly.

2 Likes

@HARBEK
This thread s not a place to report issues. Use AnswerHub or bug submission form.

1 Like

Spoiled textures - Rendering - Epic Developer Community Forums

1 Like

VEEERY BIG PROBLEM of this that users can’t tracked this submissions and can’t get feedback.

2 Likes

Looks like people are posting bugs here because when you post on answerhub you get a link to here instead of the actual new bug reporting place…

2 Likes

I don’t bother reporting bugs anymore. The last one I tried to report, I was just directed here by staff. This form is a joke. I used to put in countless hours to produce detailed repo steps and sample projects. I have a lot of confirmed bugs reported (or ones I’ve contributed to) over the years. I’ve since found two more bugs that I haven’t bothered reporting because I can’t be bothered spending my time on it any more now with this new method. Would rather work on my project.

2 Likes

new I can call as “shout in the emptiness”, enjoy)

1 Like

[FONT=“Helvetica Neue”]I recently started playing around with UE 4.19 and added one of the Paragon Crunch characters to the file to try him out; I set up his blueprint for animation and for Player Character without any trouble but I added a skeletal mesh to change his head and when I play his punch animation his replacement head jumps off his body after the animation reverts back to my blueprint animation. I have spent at least 5 house try to figure this out with no solution doing everything from tweaking and removing physics capsule to tweaking how the animation is played. Please can you give me a working salution for this. Please see video[FONT=“Helvetica Neue”] for more details…Thanks Volume is loud on video sorry.

1 Like