Unreal Engine 5 keeps combining my meshes on import

Hey Im using UE for the first time in a few months and Im trying to import a block out I made for a scene and every time I import the mesh it combines everything into a “scene” and it messes up the normals. Is this a new update or something? Ive never ran into this issue before.

When I try to manually drag the objects into the scene through the content drawer, the meshes will strech and import at weird angles, does anyone know whats going on?

scene in blender:

UE Import:

In Blender, select the edges around all the windows and the corners of the walls, ceiling, and floors, and set those to sharp. Then reimport. Does that fix the problem?

that doesnt fix the issue that everything is importing as a combined mesh instead of seperate meshes

Would you please include your Blender-Outliner and Unreal-Outliner in your screenshot?

If you export your FBX from Blender, it will always only export only one .fbx file. However, it should still load in as separate meshes in UE.

Hi, I’m sure someone else will give you a better answer soon, but I think it’s something to do with apply all ‘modifiers’ before import, also - Also - in Blender - you need to ‘Shade Flat’ - before import… this fixed the problem for me. - Good Luck.

There’s a setting when you import a mesh

The option

It seems you have two problems - not just one.

#1 - Importing the Mesh - becoming combined into one object.
#2 - The Mesh looking different than it does in Blender. ( it’s not being stretched. it’s just looks ‘different’… apply a texture to the ‘Mesh’ and you will see it’s not stretched.

I think someone has posted the answer that will fix the first problem… It would be better if you shared your ‘export’ settings - so we know what format you are using. ( FBX? OBJ? - other ? ) and - like I said before - I think you need to ‘Shade Flat’ - to solve the second problem.

I had the same problem at first with UE 5.1+; I soon realize that file > import (from the file menu) is not the same thing as Content Drawer > RMB click (in the folder where you wish to import the file) > import to… ‘The latter gives the option to combine the mesh’.