Unreal engine 5.3, Quixel bridge screen is black. MAC OS.

After updaging quixel bridge plugin in Unreal engine 5.3, quixel bridge launches with a blackscreen. Very frustrating. I should not have updated the plugin. I uninstalled and re-installed quixel bridge plugin and same situation. Please resolve. Thank you.

6 Likes

Same issue. Firewall off, networkfilter off.

1 Like

Firewall is off. Network filter off too. QUixel bridge 5.2 worked fine with Unreal engine 5.3. I updated and quixel bridge 5.3 turns black. Can you please let me know how to roll back to quixel bridge 5.2 in Unreal engine 5.3? Thank you.

1 Like

Same here

1 Like

Same here. Looking forward for a fix!

Same here. There also was a “download helper” warning repeatedly popping up. Does somebody has a clue how to fix this issue?

2 Likes

Same here. Waiting for a fix. Atleast is it possible to re-install quixel bridge 5.2? It worked well with unreal engine 5.3.

how to do tha. i stilll have this black screen issue

same here

… and same here…

Just started the tutorial and stuck when opening the Quixel bridge, all black and an error report jump out, so disappointed and nothing learned.

Same issue.

1 Like

Same issue, with 5.3.1 on Mac OS. Firewall off, Network filter off, I tried giving full disk access but no change.

1 Like

Same issue - Ventura 13.6 Unreal Engine Version: 5.3.1 UE5+Release-5.3 - would love to be able to bridge in some assets like the Metahuman mesh I created. Is anyone monitoring this from the company??

1 Like

[same issue] Quixel bridge window screen is black.
system: Macbook pro 2019(Intel) 32GB RAM / AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB
macos test version: 13.6 & 14.0

But, it works very well on my Windows PC and Mac(M2 chip).

1 Like

Same Issue here…

Seems that Unreal is not really meant for MacOS users.

Everything is available for PC users without any issues but only some of them are compatible with a Mac and I doubt that even those function properly.

The Metahumans plugin is STILL unavailable for Mac… there is no support for Mac in general

Same here… did U solve this problem?? I couldn’t do anything… haha…

Same here on a MacPro 2012/128GB/RX6800XT/2x3.33GHZ Xeon/Monterey 12.6.8
Worked perfectly in the previous version UE5.2.
Works well on my Windows partition same hardware.
Any help is much appreciated.

Same problem. Quixel with 5.3 works on Mac Studio but not on MacBook Pro 2019. I am doing a class with my students and can someone from the Epic Games help us?

Hi Epic, this ticket was opened 29d ago, this should be a Sev1, as workin without the bridge is literally impossible. Could you please give this one the love it needs and provide a fix for this in due course? Thanks from all your Mac users.

2 Likes