Unreal engine 5.3, Quixel bridge screen is black. MAC OS.

Hey there everyone, I would like to let you know that we are currently investigating this issue. Our back-end teams are working on this diligently, and as soon as we have further information, we will update this thread.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

2 Likes

Much appreciated @AMintKing.

2 Likes

Personnellement j’ai installĂ© Unreal Engine 5.0.3.
On dirait que cette version vient d’ouvrir l’internet de BRIDGE.
AprĂšs j’ai revu la version 5.3.1, Bridge a fonctionnĂ©.
Evidemment des problĂšmes ont surgit mais aumoins la connexion est Ă©tabli, et je vois les assets.

Hi, I think there are more people than me wondering how it’s going. I still see the same problem with Bridge black screen. I use

• Mac Pro
    3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W
  • Graphics AMD Radeon PRO W6800X 32 GB
  • Memory 96 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
  • macOS Sonoma 14.0
1 Like

Try installing version UE5.0.3, that’s how it establishes the connection with the site. And then you can uninstall this version and keep only the latest version 5.3.1.
Personally I have Windows 10 and I tried everything to make it work, but nothing, until I installed a previous version. Even version 5.2. didn’t work.
Thanks.

THX
Will try :sunglasses:

I was starting to think I’m the only one! I made a post about this here: Why won't Quixel Brige load in UE 5.3? - #3 by Overcast.TV

I’ve tested it as standalone and in all versions of the engine from 4.6-5.2- still working fine in all of them, just 5.3 is problematic.

Anyone know how I can roll my project back to 5.2 so I can get back to work, or do I have to start over/wait?

1 Like

This won’t work, the bridge works fine in all other versions from 4.6-5.2, but even with the no matter what it still doesn’t open in 5.3, even after the most recent Bridge update. Such a drag

1 Like

I still haven’t managed to solve it. It works on all others except 5.3. Do you also use mac?

1 Like

yup. super sucks I didn’t clone my project before I opened it with 5.3, now I gotta just wait I guess.

Still no solve, but hey- misery loves company, right? haha

Any updates on this? Seems like it 's people with Intel Macs from what I’m hearing.

My system specs:

Macbook Pro 2019
2.4Ghz 8 core i9
AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8GB
64GB DDR RAM
OSX Monterey 12.6.8

Hey peeps!

I don’t think much will be action with regards to this ticket. Since watching the State of Unreal I have noticed that they’re launching ‘FAB’ a unified marketplace (Quixel, Sketchfab and more).

It’s likely they will phase it out and swap it out for the new megascans library - annoying!

Would be just as easy to tell people this

I’m happy to report that the latest update DOES fix the problem, go download it- Bridge back to working on Mac!

1 Like

Yep
 The problem is Fixed.

Hey there everyone! There has been an update that rolled out recently to resolve this issue. For anyone still experiencing this issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Bridge plugin from your Epic Games launcher.

If the issue persists, please feel free to reach out to our Support team using this form. We’re happy to help. :slight_smile:

Hello everyone,
I am glad 2 share that the new UE 5.3.2 update fixes that issue on a 2012 MacPro (2x 3.33Ghz CPU/AMD RX 6800XT/128GB RAM) running Monterey 12.7.1 and Windows 10 Pro via OpenCore boot loader.
Unfortunately, UE 5.3.2 on Intel/MacOS is miles away from its Windows counter part (Nanite is not supported 4 example). Such a shame I have2 use Windows on my MacPro 2 use UE 5.3.2 with all its amazing features. Same hardware, different OS.
I would like 2 know if someone is in possession of the latest MacBook Pro M3 Max 2 check the performances of UE 5.3.2 in terms of Lumen/Nanite/Ray Tracing ?
Thank U all and thank U Epic Games ! U guys rock ! Keep the good work !