Unreal Engine 5.3.2 Meta Quest VR Setup

Created a guide for a friend and thought I’d share it here: Unreal Engine 5.3.2 for Meta Quest VR | Community tutorial

If anyone finds any issues please let me know, thanks

7 Likes

Hey @antinnit, thank you for this guide. After considerable turmoil trying to set things up on my Mac, my Windows PC has found some success with your guide! I am unable to package the APK and deploy to the headset without targeting Debug mode, but this was a massive milestone for me. I’m in the very early phases of gaining familiarity with the tooling, so I’m not really able to debug too intelligently. Thanks again for helping me get started.

EDIT: I’ve since set up Visual Studio 2022 (17.X) and regenerated the VR Template per your configurations in the guide, and I’m no longer having any issues. Cheers :beers:

One thing I might look into is some way to set up these configurations and plugins as a default project to clone from.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for sharing, sometimes it’s simple acts like this that make people stay in the community.

3 Likes

Hi there! I’ve been trying for the last month to make a working APK with Quest 3 or 2. No succes. I’ve tried everything and anything to make it work with 5.3.2. The only version that I managed to make it work was with 5.2 which uses JAVA 8. Can I reach you on discord or anything like that so I might pick ur brain a bit?
I want to use hand tracking BTW. Whenever I enable it it fails.

Hello! Does this work with 5.4.0? I tried everything but everytime it says theres a bunch of Oculus related components missing, when I try to open the project

Meta hasn’t released the 5.4 plugins yet, soon as they do I’ll test them and document the fun setup process. I’ve already noticed some fixes and improvements from Epic’s side.