Unreal Engine 5.2 Preview

“ScrollBox” show scrolls on full size (Set “GetDesiredSize()” in runtime) not correct.

macOS, landscape tools are still broken :slightly_smiling_face:

Same issue here, Bridge plugin is installed, but it is not detected. When I load a project it says missing plug-in.

This is due to bad packaging, fix is here:

Please epic fix installer paths for bridge plugin

1 Like

After activating the 3 Substrate options and digging into the materials graph. Attempting to open “>Substrate Building Blocks/SMF_UE4Unlit” causes an immediate crash. The other material functions in that group are fine though.

Is there a way to disable the “type of object” below a folder/object name in the asset browser? (couldnt find anything so far)

Stuff is pretty much unusbale now, since instead of folder names I only get “folder”, and “Blueprint” for Blueprints.

Like… I know a Folder when I see one, no need to write it below, same goes for other assets - since the actual full name would be way more useful:
Unbenannt

1 Like

I had that happen to me with the Content Browser in 5.1 last night, and I was able to (temporarily) solve that issue by clearing filters that somehow seemed to toggle themselves on sometimes.

Would sometimes happen again and then I’d need to repeat the process tho…

Nanite Material ID order is off when using the “High Res Mesh” option.

There’s a fix in ue5-main. Would be great to get that into 5.2
https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/e43b81ce13a77f7df0d36afb3dac5687e99e0134

Light-Culling Distance is still broken in Preview 2, lights get culled way earlier than their settings tells them to. (It can be “fixed” by just increasing the culling distance, but it still remains broken… and by now, I have no hope that this will be fixed for Release of 5.2)

@feralmoans thanks, but sadly this doesnt work for me.

1 Like

Any chance of a fix for Nanite meshes rendering post process materials?

Just installed Preview 2, and after everything installed successfully and I am about to launch UE I get an error message

I am on Win 11 Pro, RTX 3090

Hope this helps you improve Preview 2, which for now for me is not working it seems.

If anybody has any tips to get it to work, tag me in response, thanks :slight_smile:

Error link took me to 404 page, so that was not helpful either in letting me know why it fails to launch newly installed UE 5.2 Preview 2 version

Well if you fail first, try again was it?

That’s Preview 2, somehow tricked it to start!

Happy that I can test it now!

Water system finally works on bigger landscapes than 4k or still non-functional and waste of time?

1 Like

For whatever reason, when I use control-F, in this specific thread it uses the field in the upper-right, the one tied to the forum, and not the one with the browser.

In any other thread in the forum that I have tried, in whatever browser, even sans-plugins, I can use control-F with the browser find and look for keywords.

The behavior in this thread is counter and I just cannot search effectively Please address this as trolling the entire thing not being able to find keywords is exceeding frustrating & time-consuming.

1 Like

hi @niko_craft the error code
This error code means that the prerequisites for a game have failed to install correctly or completely .

This means you terminated the download early and you need to click the down arrow and select the “Verify” function then click the Installed Plugins,
The Pre Requisites box appear and click yes. You will need to be in an account with Administrative rights enable on Windows 11, NOT just a User account

yea it is used an AI checker

Hello. Any new for issue UE-169979?

Assertion failed: ScatterBufferSize >= ScatterBytes [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\UnifiedBuffer.cpp] [Line: 718]

Killed all User unreal please fix

If you press control-F a second time, after it highlights the top-right, your normal browser’s control+F functionality should take over. Pressing it twice worked for me anyway, so hope that helps!!

edit: one issue with that though is the forum does not always load every post in the thread that you’re viewing unless you scroll all the way through it (lazy-loading), so in some instances your browser’s control-F may miss something that the top-right search box does not…

1 Like

Please fix the hair groom bug!

Any news about the official release?

5 Likes