Unreal Engine 5.2.1 freezing up when I try to add a new blueprint class.

I asked the same question in Gamedev.tv and saw similar questions popping up in some other forum threads. Whenever I try to add a new blueprint class the engine freezes up and stops working. I started with trying to make a subclass of a shape i added to its staticmeshactor but that freezed it. Then i followed the advice of some forum and attempted to make a whole new class using the button on the toolbar above but that didnt work either. What should I do?

Does your system meet the minimum requirements to run UE5?

Hey there @yohanneskassa40! Welcome to the community! This sounds like a bug we’ve been seeing with some system configurations for specifically 5.2+. May I know your specs? Can you create any new blueprint?

This seems like the same issue I’m following over on this thread:

My unreal Freeze too when I want to change a class reference node to an a array
dose any one know why ?

Hey there @XDeathKeeperX! Welcome to the community! Your issue is a bit different than the one in this thread.

May I know your specs?

Can any other variable type be changed into an array?

Does this occur even when compiling after the base variable is created but before changing the variable, then changing it to an array?

Is this variable used in any reference before making the change?

Hey , I found a workaround that worked for me , I had the same issue , with Win 11 home , unreal 5.2

By selecting the actor , then , from the upper List blueprint Button , I chose Convert Selection to Blueprint Class , and it worked !!

1 Like

Thank you!

I have the same issue with my RTX4070 Ti, Window 11, 13500, Ram 16GB, Unreal 5.2.1.

Your solution is work for me ^^

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.