Unreal Engine 5.1 Released

LogMetaSound: Error: Target interface is not registered [InterfaceVersion:UE.Source.OneShot v1.0]
LogMetaSound: Error: Target interface is not registered [InterfaceVersion:UE.Source v1.1]
LogMetaSound: Error: Target interface is not registered [InterfaceVersion:UE.OutputFormat.Stereo v1.0]

Since UE5.1 Preview 1 packaged game freezes with these log calls if there are UMetaSoundSources in objects that are inside a Modular Game Feature (from Modular Plugins & Game Features) with default state set to Active. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I have an error “Procedure entry point CreateFile2 not found in KERNEL32.dll” while engine is starting and loading Plugins/Media/ImgMedia/Binaries/Win64/UnrealEditor-OpenExrWrapper.dll file.
I’m working on Windows 7, version 5.0.3 works just perfect here.

Hi - great, a new version - Nanite Foliage turns into strange garbage - MovieRenderQueue crash like in all previous 5 versions - super great!

1 Like

can i update 5.0.3 to 5.1 in any way or do i have to redownload as usual.

Mac OS Ventura
Xcode 14.1
UE 5.1 Latest git source code

Compilation of ShaderCompileWorker > ARM is fine
Compilation of UE5 > ARM - error : “Command ExternalBuildToolExecution failed with a nonzero exit code” > Build failed

What to do ?

What engine do you plan to use instead?

I have the exact same code.

maybe it is the other way around. i never got anything for free from apple, epic gave us one of the most professional engines for free to try and learn, not mentioning the monthly free assets and free games and all the free material, quixel and metahuman and a thousand other things like that. you might say that they plan long term profit but hey thats how companies work and i am more than ok with that.

I am not a fanboy of any brand but hey, you ever tried to think that maybe just maybe apple was being greedy.

even if not, from a business perspective obviously mac is not as profitable as windows so its total fine by me if epic didnt care about apple at all. So maybe you might want to switch to windows, its not just unreal engine, i can count a thousand software without any apple support or poor support. Apple do not give you a proper gpu to take full advantage of ue5.1 or even 5.0 anyway, so maybe you can even try staying on a previous version.

Maybe they dont release city sample for mac because City Sample is extremely heavy, macs dont have proper gpus to have a proper performance. I get 45 fps with a 4090 on ue5.0 so what do you think your fps would be on a mac, even if you had the newest pro model.

Btw atm city sample also doesnt work on windows on 5.1 just fyi.

1 Like

Hello
I am a 3DConnexion SpaceMouse user over here. Anyone having trouble locating the TDxUnrealEditor plugin after upgrading a UE5.0.3 project to UE5.1.0?

Yup the plugin is totally gone! It seems crazy no one updated it back when UE5.1 was in preview.

Well I found a status update on 3DConnexion forums. They claim a new plugin is in the works expected for the end of the month. :crossed_fingers:

I dont think Lumen is working anymore for Mac 5.1 try the other

I have built the Mac Silicon arm64 version of 5.1 from source and my compile times have more than halved and my in editor frame rate has nearly doubled. Thank you Epic for this Mac Silicon support.

1 Like

I built yesterday on m1 Max. It was ~80 mins. Feels faster than version in Launcher.

1 Like

Awesome!!

Lumen works for me on my 5.1 Intel Mac. and OH MY GOSH the framerate is sooooooo much faster! Only a few bugs right off the bat:
• When I open any project for the first time, it always stops compiling shaders at 35%, saying there are 25 shaders left to compile. After maybe 15 minutes, it resumes.
• ACES color mode is broken; everything becomes insanely oversaturated compared to srgb
• Saving a file for the first time freezes the editor for 15 seconds or so

Other than that, great work Devs!

4 Likes

Great to heard! Do you compile the ARM version ? Which version of Xcode do you use ?

Do you compile with which version of Xcode ?

14.1 but i am on Monterey not Ventura

1 Like

XCode 14.1, Monterey 12.6.1

1 Like

Thanks guys for your feedback.

For now it looks like a Ventura problem, anyone succeed with ventura ?

Finally, I found a way to compile for those who would have the same problem.

1 - Delete UE5.xcworkspace

2 - On the official release of UE 5.1.0 of the launcher, locate and copie the file “EpicWebHelper.app” in UE_5.1/Engine/Binaries/Mac/EpicWebHelper.app

3 - Paste the file “EpicWebHelper.app” in your compile folder directory in UnrealEngine_release/Engine/Binaries/Mac/

4 - Relaunch generateprojectfiles.commande

5 - Relaunch UE5.xcworkspace and relaunch the build

it should work now :wink:

4 Likes