Unreal Engine 5.0 Released

The documentation for 5.0 is still incomplete.

1 Like

I have the same problem; the templates have disappeared (both default and custom), I have checked and the options are unchecked as you mentioned, I am currently downloading the content 13.7 GB, I hope this solves the problem, thank you.

UE-156973 Bridge Plugin 2022.0.5 - Hotfix for Metahumans 1.0.0 Release
Metahumans and LiveLink Face - NOT WORK.
The update did not fix the problem.
Live link facial animation deformed after new Metahuman release - #35 by GEFX)

If at all helpful, I built 5.0.3 from source on Linux and all the templates are present.

1 Like

Just to add to this, I updated from 5.0.2 to 5.0.3 through the launcher (14.1.2-20965110+++Portal+Release-Live) on Windows (10.0.25151.1010) and after updating I found that all the options I had enabled were unchecked (Starter Content, Templates and Feature Packs, Engine Source, Android and Linux target platforms). Rechecking all the options (except for Starter Content and Templates) and letting it re-download seems to bring everything back.

Edit - I Updated from 5.0.0 to 5.0.3 on Mac (11.6.2) and the options were not reset

1 Like

5.0.3 Hotfix Released The MetaHumans are still broken in the 5.0.3 Hotfix, using Live link Face for facial animation results in a distorted face of the MetaHuman.

1 Like

Templates working on my end. Try reinstall?

Hey all, we are aware of an issue introduced in 5.0.3 where users running on integrated Intel GPUs receive a message to update their drivers, even if using the latest.

To work around this, please try one of the following:

1. Set “r.WarnOfBadDrivers” to 0 in ConsoleVariables.ini

2. Fix the problem by editing Engine\Config\BaseHardware.ini and changing “30.0.101.1191” to “101.1191” in the DriverDenyList for Intel.

3. Add the following to DefaultHardware.ini in the project’s config directory:

[GPU_Intel Windows] 
    !DriverDenyList=ClearArray 
    +DriverDenyList=(DriverVersion="<101.1191", Reason="These driver versions have known stability issues and missing features")

1 Like

Hi @unit23 I had just turned on my PC and updated the Epic Launcher.
The new Launcher showed 5.02 but on clicking Update Plugins, the update was successful and now displayed Unreal Engine 5.03 in the Launcher.
There was an error in loading the Blank template, as previously described by others, and the Startup Content box was not ticked.
After the error, the Startup content loaded because I ticked the box

I got the error in Output log

LogFeaturePack: Error: Error in Feature pack D:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/FeaturePacks/TP_VirtualRealityBP.upack. Failed to parse manifest: Invalid Json Token. Line: 43 Ch: 4

This came from enabling the “Output logs” as I always do on the source code version. This only started occurring on the BINARY Launcher version.

My forests are very dark, and are actually black in the lumen scene. Has it been fixed with this update ?

Correct, but still annoying if you have to do it every time importing material.

Yes very lol

Same here… after update, my install bloated up to 110GB in size. I had to re-check all the optional features checkboxes and let it update to get back to reasonable size. This bug seems very prominent for people who have upgraded 5.0.2 to 5.0.3

Even after this though, I am still bitter about the install sizes even with optional features disabled:

…as Python Foundation Packages experimental plugin takes up 10GB. I think that the amount of people who will be utilizing Pytorch in UE is a minority. I strongly believe this should become another optional feature, not installed by default.

Without it, we could at least have 20GB clean installation. It’s still a lot for a bare game engine, but it’d be manageable.

I agree that it should be an optional feature, however I have a strong feeling it’s here to stay for now. If you want to make that plugin footprint smaller you can always use NTFS compression (specifically with the LZX switch using the command: compact /c /i /a /s /f /exe:lzx) and half its size.
You can also delete the site-packages for the platforms you aren’t running the editor on and get Python Foundation Packages down to 2.96GB on Windows.

Yeah, that’s yet another oddity. Why are PF packages for all the platforms installed? I’d kinda understand that for a source-built engine version, but not for the one from the launcher :frowning:

2 Likes

is Livecoding still broken?

I Always use Ctrl-B, or Ctrl-F5 (F5 for debug), or right klick on project to build

@Amanda.Schade

Since the Bug Submission Form does not support uasset as attachment, here a bug report.

BUG REPORT
After upgrading a project from 4.27 to 5.0.3 a level stopped loading, a pop-up window states Fatal error. The logs are not really helpful.

I was able to track the culprit down to a specific merged mesh (see attachment). Perhaps a material from the mesh may be problematic, but in any instance the level should keep loading if a mesh is problematic.

SM_Base_Building_03.uasset (769.5 KB)

That is normal for a mesh or a few meshes to be the culprit crashing the whole thing - after you upgrade the engine version.

The solution: just delete the mesh, and then after the level is succesfully loaded - copy+paste the mesh into the right folder and see if it is crashing. Workaround is okay as long as it solves it.

1 Like

I just tried to install to my second laptop and I can’t, because the core components item is disabled and not marked. I tried to install UE4, but exact, the same error. From what I noticed, it’s from Epic Games Launcher. Please fix it, asap, because I really need it and it’s not only about me. There are a lot of other users that will be shocked because they cannot install UE4 / .