Unreal Engine 5.0.3 Editor UI Glitch

The UI in Unreal Engine 5.0.3 editor keeps glitching. Whenever I hover over something, the UI seems to scale the entire screen, and sometimes the screen blacks out. I’ve already tried toggling my Multi-Framed Sampled AA (MFAA) to “Off”, and I’ve tried resetting my 3D Settings to the factory defaults via the NVIDIA Control Panel. I don’t know why this UI glitch is happening. I’ve searched for every solution and couldn’t find anything. If anyone could help, that would be appreciated.

Hi Bluegenic,

Is this a laptop? If yes, I’ve seen some people were able to use the editor by using an external monitor. (This may be due to UE trying to use integrated graphics instead of dedicated)

Please post your PC specs and Nvidia Driver version for future readers.

Cheers

1 Like

Hey, .

Thanks for replying, and yes, I am using a laptop and unfortunately I am unable to use an external monitor. Here are my PC specifications:

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
  • 11th Gen Intel Core i7 2.3GHz
  • 16GB RAM

My NVIDIA driver version is 516.59, which is the latest version as of right now.

If you need any more info, please reply and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!

Thanks for the info,

Linking this thread here - seems like you’re not the only one with a 3060 laptop having problems UI flickering @(UE5.0.1)

The only thing I can think to try is open Project Settings and change ‘Default RHI’ to “DirectX 11” - Let me know if you have any luck with that.

2 Likes