Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

Thank you thank you thank you for this quick fix Epic. Downloading now to check it out :smiley:

Didnā€™t tried 4.9.1 yet, but let me thank you by 4.9.

• UMG looks a lot more responsive.
  • A ā€œLOTā€ from my Log warnings gone away, I just still with a boring one when using CreateDynamicMaterialInstance( ) with some skeletalmeshes dunno if is caused by parentmesh from component having more materials because Cloth or 2Sided Mats. But nothing serious.
  • Did you changed dynamic shadows? Could be just me, but they looks a lot more defined!
    Among othersā€¦

Thank you!

Hi all,
it seems that 4.9.1 doesnĀ“t allow loading of animated FBX files?

[=myclay;381748]
Hi all,
it seems that 4.9.1 doesnĀ“t allow loading of animated FBX files?

[/]

Please post this to answerhub in bug reports section so we can assist you more in depth. You can find a link to bug reports section in my signature.

[= ;381845]
Please post this to answerhub in bug reports section so we can assist you more in depth. You can find a link to bug reports section in my signature.
[/]

thanks, will do so. :slight_smile:

4.9.1 Works! (pretty much)
thanks for all work Epic people

quick test game in this build and it only crashed once :slight_smile:

Iā€™m trying to update 4.9 to 4.9.1, but itā€™s saying it wants 15gb for update?
Is this an update or a complete version install?

this keeps popping up in 4.9.1
didnā€™t think nothing of it when created a standard template First Person Shooter but got it again after re-opening project. (no changes were made & didnā€™t even save it) but project works n plays normal thoā€™ :eek:

Error /Game/FirstPersonBP/Maps/FirstPersonExampleMap : Failed import for SkeletalMeshComponent /Game/FirstPersonBP/Blueprints/FirstPersonCharacter.FirstPersonCharacter_C:SkeletalMesh_GEN_VARIABLE

ā€œā€œUE-18482 Various engine materials fail to compile due to too many texture coordinate sets in useā€ā€

When does this get fixed?

[=;384779]
ā€œā€œUE-18482 Various engine materials fail to compile due to too many texture coordinate sets in useā€ā€

When does this get fixed?
[/]

Hi,

This has already been fixed internally. I do not have an exact timeframe of when fix will be implemented but it should make it into a future release.

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to it in 4.9.2!

we are able to use same material setup we used back in 4.8 without any errors. Thank you!

[= ;385331]
Hi,

This has already been fixed internally. I do not have an exact timeframe of when fix will be implemented but it should make it into a future release.
[/]

Epic are being very quiet at moment regarding updates.

I havenā€™t moved to 4.9 yet as there were initially a reported issue when moving from TADP to its replacement. Is it worth moving to 4.9 or holding out for a 4.10 preview within next couple of weeks?

Could you guys tell me what key is used to re-center your view when in VR demo mode? Right now my camera is way off and standard ā€œRā€ key is not mapped for unreal.

Hi,

Could you please confirm that no 4.9.2 is forecasted?
If yes, could you please make sure that this major issue is included:

Iā€™m so surprised that Translucent material in UMG have been seen as a issue during testing. Now, Iā€™m stuck with a UI that is not rendering properly so some important information are not here.

We are a team a 10 person not in same office, compiling from github is not a ā€œoptionā€.

thanks for your help,

Hi & all,

We are currently preparing a 4.9.2 that we intend to release later this week. It will include a fix for UE-20792 (DrawMaterial() Function not Rendering Translucent Material to HUD), as well as about 20 other fixes for major bugs and crashes. Some of other important fixes included are for issues such as: crashing when undoing in blueprints, child blueprint classes unable to change values for inherited variables, Chinese language users crashing when changing language settings, inability to submit to Apple store for iOS9, and more. Full details will be made available with release of hotfix.

Cheers

Thanks for update & support. Itā€™s an excellent news.

Has Morpheus plugin been removed? I no longer see it as a selectable plugin, whereas it was for me in 4.8.3?

[=
Hi & all,

We are currently preparing a 4.9.2 that we intend to release later this week. It will include a fix for UE-20792 (DrawMaterial() Function not Rendering Translucent Material to HUD), as well as about 20 other fixes for major bugs and crashes. Some of other important fixes included are for issues such as: crashing when undoing in blueprints, child blueprint classes unable to change values for inherited variables, Chinese language users crashing when changing language settings, inability to submit to Apple store for iOS9, and more. Full details will be made available with release of hotfix.

Cheers
[/]

Thanks for your greate work!
Iā€™m a little curious about when these bugs being fixed:UE-21000(DOF crash on metal)
and theBehaviorTree issue:Issue changing between states in Blackboard - AI - Epic Developer Community Forums
These two are so important for me!Thanks!

[=;388841]
Thanks for your greate work!
Iā€™m a little curious about when these bugs being fixed:UE-21000(DOF crash on metal)
and theBehaviorTree issue:Issue changing between states in Blackboard - AI - Epic Developer Community Forums
These two are so important for me!Thanks!
[/]

UE-21000 is actually same root issue as UE-20952 (Launching a Project which uses Depth of Field crashes to Home Screen on iOS8 device), and fix will be included in 4.9.2 Hotfix.

Your other issue (with Enumerators in Blackboard) was logged as UE-20867 and has already been fixed and released in 4.9.1 Hotfix.

Cheers!

[= Ellis;389121]
UE-21000 is actually same root issue as UE-20952 (Launching a Project which uses Depth of Field crashes to Home Screen on iOS8 device), and fix will be included in 4.9.2 Hotfix.

Your other issue (with Enumerators in Blackboard) was logged as UE-20867 and has already been fixed and released in 4.9.1 Hotfix.

Cheers!
[/]

Thanks so much to hear this greate news!
However,actually in 4.9.1,I still have this AI issue,which in 4.8.3 never occurs:I have posted a bug report on my own while using 4.9.1,one of staff told me it was still under investigationā€¦