Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

After update to 4.9, SCheckBox can’t works as before, I found that source code of SCheckBox is different as before, but I haven’t find method to make it works again. is there anyone knows how to fix this? Thank you!

Lot’s of Widget stuff seems to be broken in 4.9, and for some breakages there are no workarounds. A lot of this I suspect is due to new Cached Widget stuff / Invalidation stuff.

Do we have any clue with 4.9.1 is coming out?

[=;376191]
It is already fixed in master branch and will hopefully be in 4.9.1 :slight_smile: Setting variables manually is not a solution, it’s ugly and it’s important (for me) to not loose information from 4.8 since I basically use all variables for configuring everything like building costs etc. So I will just wait for 4.9.1 :slight_smile:
[/]

, I’ve got a github account, how did you figure out that your issue has been resolved? Noob on git and wanted to learn how to follow development more closely. Thanks!

I also have huge problems with 4.9 Release…

1. Aliasing problem " same one koola has alreday reported"
    2.Huge Performnace drop, First Person starter theme “blueprint” runs on 4.83 with constant 120 FPS and with 4.9 between 103 and 115 FPS.

[=Adik;377600]

2.Huge Performance drop, First Person starter theme “blueprint” runs on 4.83 with constant 120 FPS and with 4.9 between 103 and 115 FPS.
[/]

Seeing much same. One of my projects in 4.8.3 has a DRAW stat time of ~0.8 ms(recorded with STAT UNIT), same project in 4.9 takes 2+ ms. I also saw a few 20-30 FPS lag spikes in first 1-2 minutes after opening editor.

I know 2 ms doesn’t seem like much, but it represents a ~250% increase in rendering time.

Would be interesting to know if this performnace drop is regular or just in combination on specific systems. Hopefully they fix it quick so we all can start working with 4.9…

Thank you!

Even though I was going to wait for a patch I decided to use it because I need some of new features.

I been working on things from scratch so not a biggie at moment.

My project is a fresh start in July 28 so it is not very advanced.

It does have some sort of stutter compared to 4.8.3 but over all I am doing ok with it.

Is it possible to turn OFF Makefile system for UHT in 4.9? It’s actually causing me more problems than it’s solving. I have to do full rebuilds manually whenever I change a Header File now, and it also keeps warning me about not being able to find a [ProjectName].dll.response file.

I can’t post on Answerhub because it’s not loading for me either :frowning:

[=;377205]
I am really awaiting 4.9.1 since I finally want to be able to use 4.9, unfortunately huge bug which is resetting all parent variables in all child classes is not allowing me to use it at moment. I still don’t really get how you could release 4.9 with such a tremendous bug inside since it deletes all information unrecoverable for anyone using childs which inherit variables from parent… :frowning:
[/]

Hey, are you talking about THIS BUG? Or is it some new, shiny one, but similar? :slight_smile:

[=teak421;377586]
, I’ve got a github account, how did you figure out that your issue has been resolved? Noob on git and wanted to learn how to follow development more closely. Thanks!
[/]

Well, posted a link to fix on github here: Unreal Engine 4.9 Released! - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums So you don’t need to learn how to use github, just forums here :wink:

[=;377866]
Hey, are you talking about THIS BUG? Or is it some new, shiny one, but similar? :slight_smile:
[/]

It’s a new one, UE-20258.

When is 4.9.1 coming out? There’s a lot of bugs (mainly what others have been saying here, and also a bug where enum is not properly converted from byte to enum in blackboard, returns none instead), and keeps crashing a lot too. Patiently awaiting!

Just make sure you did post bug reproduction whatever bug you have been waiting to be fixed - if no one actually logged bug, you may not see fix in next hotfix.

It’s very necessary to do longer and better previews; stable versions was supposed to be stable (I literally remember reading that from Epic). Of course, I understand a few bugs, but lately is coming to a point where stable versions seems like almost preview, with a lot of major bugs. Of course I don’t expect this to change from Epic, as new features sells better than simple stability, I just will keep at least 1 version behind, just in case.

problem its perhaps lots of bugs appears when version its adopt by greatest part of users. Perhaps need more betatesters.

Hi all,

We are working to release a Hotfix update to 4.9 this week. It will help to address a number of issues, but of course not everything. We’ll post here with full scope when it’s available.

Thanks

kwl thx , can’t wait.

good luck on squashing those bugs we need stable releases :wink:

Some more materials for Temporal AA Issue

Enhance support for mobile device is best feature