Unreal Engine 4.7 Released!

UPDATE!

The 4.7.5 Hotfix is now live! It contains a few critical crash fixes.

If you experience a bug with the 4.7.5 Hotfix, please remember to log a bug report for the on the UE4 AnswerHub to the Bug Reports section.

Fixed in 4.7.5

UE-13250 Multiplayer Shootout project sample crashes on start
UE-13274 Projects crashing on launch after converting from 4.7.3 to 4.7.4
UE-11828 HydroErosion on landscape crashes on Linux

Thanks! I’ve been reading the Multiplayer Shootout docs for a while as I was very interested in the project example but couldn’t run it, so I’m glad I’ll finally get to actually use it. :slight_smile:

Hopefully might also fix all the networking blueprint issues some people have been having since 4.7.4 too.

Great! Thanks for the quick fix! It’s very much appreciated.

What about the Media Player Problem in Launch Mode?
Has it been Fixed? Or better, when will it be Fixed?

[=ThaFreakzta;267599]
What about the Media Player Problem in Launch Mode?
Has it been Fixed? Or better, when will it be Fixed?
[/]

I am interested in hearing any fixes to the Media player problems also

[=polemos;267756]
I am interested in hearing any fixes to the Media player problems also
[/]

If You have an 4.7.3 Project You should use .
I don’t know why, but, further Projects still work with the Media Player.
Since the 4.7.4 Hotfix the Media Player don’t work any more in Launch ( Real Game ) Mode.
But if I open up an Project that I created before the Hotfix, the Media Player still works.
OK… Since the newest Hotfix, I often need to Close and Reopen My Project…
But it works :wink:

[]

[/]

i’m just wondering, why those 3 lines of text is 1gb update

Yeah, Me, too…
But I haven’t worked with MultiPlayerMode and HydroErosion right now…

What I Wonder is…
What, if I Start as a new Member.
I Download the Engine and Start from the Beginning with the newest Engine.
And because I have never Workerd with Engine, I follow the Unreal Video Tutorials.
Most Things won’t Work. So…
What whould Happen to New Members? What whould They Think?

[=ThaFreakzta;267778]
Yeah, Me, too…
But I haven’t worked with MultiPlayerMode and HydroErosion right now…

What I Wonder is…
What, if I Start as a new Member.
I Download the Engine and Start from the Beginning with the newest Engine.
And because I have never Workerd with Engine, I follow the Unreal Video Tutorials.
Most Things won’t Work. So…
What whould Happen to New Members? What whould They Think?
[/]

those “members” is people who new to UE4? everything should be fine, i’m started few weeks ago and dont face any problems with wiki guides
unless is networking, which i barely understand after a weak of causal investigation

[= ;267279]
UPDATE!

If you experience a bug with the 4.7.5 Hotfix, please remember to log a bug report for the on the UE4 AnswerHub to the Bug Reports section.

Fixed in 4.7.5

[/]

hi there,

Thank Epic for update, Small update at 1000 mb anyway :eek:

I am saddened. Still broken downloads blueprints and there is no hope for a solution:

I just upgraded… i also wanted to check out the shootout game.

I cant seem to retarget ANY animations anymore though… i can get to the point where I choose new skeleton and then crash every time. every project. even animations ive retargeted before now crash…

hoy…

appears to be with skeleton im targeting too… not the animation… still shouldnt crash tho…

[=;267787]
those “members” is people who new to UE4? everything should be fine, i’m started few weeks ago and dont face any problems with wiki guides
unless is networking, which i barely understand after a weak of causal investigation
[/]

Yep, I mean People that are new to UE4 :wink:
So, You don’t have any Problems with the Media Player?
Because Tutorial won’t work anymore…
.unrealengine/latest/INT/Engine/MediaFramework/index.html
I mean, it don’t work in LaunchMode since the 4.7.4 Hotfix.

[= ;267279]
UPDATE!

Fixed in 4.7.5

[/]

How about the never ending loop that stops at 94 procent when heating up the UE editor after having done a port a project from 4.6.1 to 4.7.4 or 4.7.5?

I have tried anything and nothing works so far. Did upload a dump file at Answer hub.

So far no answers anywhere so it must be me who is not understanding the way to upgrade from 4.6.1 to 4.7.4/5 I guess :slight_smile:

[=Dwarf ;268482]
How about the never ending loop that stops at 94 procent when heating up the UE editor after having done a port a project from 4.6.1 to 4.7.4 or 4.7.5?

I have tried anything and nothing works so far. Did upload a dump file at Answer hub.

So far no answers anywhere so it must be me who is not understanding the way to upgrade from 4.6.1 to 4.7.4/5 I guess :slight_smile:
[/]

What steps are you taking to convert your project? Do you open the project in the library and attempt to open a copy from there? (I Highly recommend as converting in place can cause several problems). Can you link the answerhub post you have made? Thank you!

Hey. After updating to 4.7.5, I am looking to find a good work around for a change that is being made. The certain members of the UCharacterMovement class are being made private, and Visual is now spitting out an error telling me any value changes i’m making to certain member variables, like CharacterMovement->MaxWalkSpeed, is no longer valid, and that I need to use the GetCharacterMovement(); function.

How would I go about changing certain values in code? Right now, I made a workaround in blueprints, but I am wondering how I could do in code as well.

[= ;268877]
What steps are you taking to convert your project? Do you open the project in the library and attempt to open a copy from there? (I Highly recommend as converting in place can cause several problems). Can you link the answerhub post you have made? Thank you!
[/]

Thanks for your reply.

Steps I take:

1. launch Unreal Engine 4.7.4/5
  2. chose the project made with 4.6.1
  3. allow it to make a copy of it
  4. Open the project and wait for the Editor window to finish load the Unreal Editor… It stops around 94 procent each time

https://answers.unrealengine/questions/206773/upgrading-from-46-to-474-cannot-open-editor.html

Afterwards I have even tried to run it from the Visual 2013 as well and get the same results

I have also tried to make a fresh new 4.7.5 project and then simply drop the content from the old 4.6.1 project into the content folder of th 4.7.5 project.

I have even tried to simply migrate all the stuff from the old 4.6.1 project to the new 4.7.5 project. In that case the maps and blueprints are an(the last due to reparent issues I guess).

Edit:
Now for some reason the unreal 4.7.5 Editor will open and run my project, but my maps won’t run… Going to do some research on that one :slight_smile:
https://answers.unrealengine/questions/210340/version-475-crashes-when-loading-map.html

And wupti it seems that the big building in my map is the problem!

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

is anyone else having with aimoffset blendspace?
doesnt seem to matter what skeleton i use, or what animations… even tried with all the starter pack ones… my character in the preview goes to base pose and never changes to any of the other animations in the blendspace. All other animations and blendspaces work. Also when trying to add the aim directions to the blend space… ue4 crashs every 2nd or 3rd add… like clockwork.

Am I the only one having ?

unfortunately I didnt try aimoffset stuff until I upgraded… so I dont know if it was an for me in 4.6 - now

[=;269883]
is anyone else having with aimoffset blendspace?
doesnt seem to matter what skeleton i use, or what animations… even tried with all the starter pack ones… my character in the preview goes to base pose and never changes to any of the other animations in the blendspace. All other animations and blendspaces work. Also when trying to add the aim directions to the blend space… ue4 crashs every 2nd or 3rd add… like clockwork.

Am I the only one having ?

unfortunately I didnt try aimoffset stuff until I upgraded… so I dont know if it was an for me in 4.6 - now
[/]

Hi ,

Can you make an answerhub post about your crashes so we can assist you more in depth? Please post to the bug reports section at ://answers.unrealengine. Thank you!

Can someone please tell where can i get UE source code?
There is nothing , https://github/EpicGames
please, is the third time i ask about without getting response. I need to get the source code for working with leap motion.
Thanks in advance.
F.