Unreal Engine 4.7 Released!

Hi ,

We have identified a new with the Launcher where the yellow [Launch Unreal Engine 4.7.3] button is automatically downloading and installing the latest hotfix. is not intentional behavior, since only clicking the [Update] button should cause the update to occur. If you are on 4.7.3 and and do not wish to update at time, you can continue using 4.7.3 by launching directly into your project from the Library, or by using the Launcher in “Offline Mode”.

Additionally, we are currently investigating some reports of Blueprint crashes after updating to 4.7.4. If you also experience a crash in your project upon startup after updating to 4.7.4, please let us know by making a report to the Bug Reports section of the AnswerHub (follow link in my signature).

Thank you, and we apologize for the inconveniences from either of these issues.

So there is a for a 4.7.5 fixing the crashes and including the new better struct default value fix? :cool:

[= ;263815]
Hi ,

We have identified a new with the Launcher where the yellow [Launch Unreal Engine 4.7.3] button is automatically downloading and installing the latest hotfix. is not intentional behavior, since only clicking the [Update] button should cause the update to occur. If you are on 4.7.3 and and do not wish to update at time, you can continue using 4.7.3 by launching directly into your project from the Library, or by using the Launcher in “Offline Mode”.

Additionally, we are currently investigating some reports of Blueprint crashes after updating to 4.7.4. If you also experience a crash in your project upon startup after updating to 4.7.4, please let us know by making a report to the Bug Reports section of the AnswerHub (follow link in my signature).

Thank you, and we apologize for the inconveniences from either of these issues.
[/]

Thanks for clearing it up. But is hotfix update intended to redownload the whole engine again or should it just patch?

The Mac texture was really annoying, thanks!

It still not saving the values of the struct correctly… I understand if it was fixed in the branch, but… my problem is not being able to download 4.7.2 anymore. 4.7.2 works for me, but I can’t use 4.7.3 or 4.7.4…

[= ;250058]
Err… No UE-9829 fix yet;

://img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1370/09/1370096830629.jpg

[/]

… sad frog is sad.

[= ;264714]
It still not saving the values of the struct correctly… I understand if it was fixed in the branch, but… my problem is not being able to download 4.7.2 anymore. 4.7.2 works for me, but I can’t use 4.7.3 or 4.7.4…
[/]

I was never able to use 4.7.2. But I can confirm that the struct default value problems are still inside 4.7.4. Hopefully that will be fixed in 4.7.5…

[= ;263073]

Fixed in 4.7.4

UE-11204 Crash when returning to viewport from immersive mode with an editor window tabbed beneath

[/]

YES! Great that you put in 4.7.4, that crash has been haunting me for weeks.

Again, stop trying to hit me and hit me!
How can i get support for leap motion controller?? There is no github content available through Epic Games…
Thanks in advance.

has anyone figured out how to make dlc with the unreal engine yet or is it still hopeless?

[=themcpanda;265212]
has anyone figured out how to make dlc with the unreal engine yet or is it still hopeless?
[/]

I would like to know about . Sadly I am considering getting unity to see if it does and other things that I can get no answers for with UE4.

Why are you caring about DLCs at the moment? Until you have finished your games there will surely be a nice perfect way to handle DLCs in UE4 :wink: And before you finished your games you don’t really have to think about . Or just don’t think about DLCs in general but just do something like standalone DLCs.

True gamers hates DLC.

[= ;265258]
Why are you caring about DLCs at the moment? Until you have finished your games there will surely be a nice perfect way to handle DLCs in UE4 :wink: And before you finished your games you don’t really have to think about . Or just don’t think about DLCs in general but just do something like standalone DLCs.
[/]

Because before you even start with actual game play code, you need to have all the other stuff down. Why bother to work hard to make a game, if in the end, you can not run a dedicated server, if you can not set up a server to serve all the dedicated servers, if you can not allow others to add custom maps that are automatically downloaded (DLC)? If making a multiplayer game, these are IMPORTANT.

You can add custom maps without any problem, as far as I know. I would not call DLC. I know, it’s downloadable content, but generally speaking of DLCs there is usually meant a bit more than just one map. You know, stuff that actually changes the game exe.

[= ;265358]
You can add custom maps without any problem, as far as I know. I would not call DLC. I know, it’s downloadable content, but generally speaking of DLCs there is usually meant a bit more than just one map. You know, stuff that actually changes the game exe.
[/]

I have not found anything about how it is done with a simple map, either to add it in so it is seen, or transfer it.

Of course would apply to mods, if a server is running a mod and you connect, it should be auto downloaded. But again, have so far not seen how is accomplished.

Hey folks,

thread isn’t the ideal location to discuss DLC, but there is some information available about the plans and handling of DLC : https://answers.unrealengine/questions/206824/patch-and-dlc-support.html (note, you may need to click a + symbol on one of the comments to see its response)

The information was originally written in January so some aspects may be changed now.

If you want to continue the DLC discussion, please begin a new forum thread, or post specific questions on the AnswerHub.

Cheers

, have tried that, and always receive zero response. Guess we aren’t allowed to discuss features of the engine in a thread about the engine. :rolleyes:

[=MisterMonday;263737]
I’m pretty sure I had the latest version of the launcher :wink:
I opened it to launch the editor and then the update for 4.7.3 showed up. ^^
However, instead of “updating to 4.7.4”, it said “downloading 4.7.3”.
No big deal, it was downloading 4.7.4 anyway and it’s working fine, thanks Epic! :smiley:
[/]

Yes, long time , i say that launcher is a pain , bad version update , corrupted file , UE4 broken etc… Now , i try to restart launch until i see good version before update everything .

[=arbopa;265709]
, have tried that, and always receive zero response. Guess we aren’t allowed to discuss features of the engine in a thread about the engine. :rolleyes:
[/]

I just mean that any specific discussion is best in its own dedicated thread. Sorry we didn’t spot your previous inquiries into DLC.