Unreal Engine 4.7 Preview

[=;197169]
WOW

Can you give a quick how to or point me in right direction?
[/]

foliage improvements look , now we can finally have proper realistic foliage, not just fortnite style “trees”! :slight_smile:
I also love that foliage improvements also work for normal instanced meshes, that will make my life soooo much easier!!
I would like to see your material setup as well , so I can use beautiful new shading model correctly when 4.7 is released.

shader is super simple (dont know if I use it correct) :slight_smile:

With constant vector you can control strenght of subsurface effect

original sized picture can be found in thread: https://.unrealengine/showthread.php?32543-What-Are-You-Working-On-Community-Screenshots-amp-Videos/page7

Don’t know if it’s on my end but rebuilding lights now takes forever. A map I’m working on in 4.6 use to take 1 min 30 sec for first percentage and then i takes off. Now it takes about 5 minuets and five for each additional percentage and some times it just locks up at about 25%.

is fine and dandy, but what happens when you get to ‘past’ 4.9? Does it go 4.95? 4.99? 4.999? Or will you call thing UE5?

[=ShadesMaster;198361]
is fine and dandy, but what happens when you get to ‘past’ 4.9? Does it go 4.95? 4.99? 4.999? Or will you call thing UE5?
[/]

nope, it will be 4.10 then 4.11 etc :slight_smile:

[=ShadesMaster;198361]
[/]

Would it be more helpful if they called it 4.01, 4.02, etc? Think of version numbers like : <major version>.<major revision>.<minor revision>
Each one of those version numbers is unbounded, and really it’s just a way to keep things separated.

[=]
Would it be more helpful if they called it 4.01, 4.02, etc? Think of version numbers like : <major version>.<major revision>.<minor revision>
Each one of those version numbers is unbounded, and really it’s just a way to keep things separated.
[/]

You can’t have 4.01.01.

[=;198390]
You can’t have 4.01.01.
[/]

You could, certainly. Functionally, it makes no difference. It’s just a matter of aesthetics.

Anyone having issues with speedtree using both direct and sun light at same ? I get a lot of over bright surfaces that are translucence but near white.

Hello,

I would like to ask if runtime deformable heightmaps/terrains will be re-added to UE at some point in future. Also I was hoping to know if we would eventually get frustum controls exposed for individual cameras?

Thank you.

[=;198457]
Anyone having issues with speedtree using both direct and sun light at same ? I get a lot of over bright surfaces that are translucence but near white.
[/]

Have you turned off “specular”? + do you use basic speedtree material? :slight_smile:

Just updated to preview to see whats new and came across a small, I noticed that ‘OnJumped_Implementation()’ in ACharacter is not virtual anymore, I was using it in 4.6 so character code can handle any action when a jump starts, is there a better way of doing it? Why change?

[=;198457]
[/]

Also, if you’re using new foliage lighting model, be sure to use an input for subsurface node, or else you’ll get some funky results.

new foliage lighting model is a big step in right direction, though it’s spec is broken (very intense on SSS backside) in current version, which is still a work in progress.

Really hoping we can still get a fix in 4.7 for packaging projects with Audio Visualization plugin enabled.

questions/144483/packaging-game-fails-with-audio-visualization-plug.html

Hey,

anyone knows whats up with BehaviourTree Decorators (Blueprints) in current preview?

Seems like ReceiveConditionCheck is no longer an Event, but a function to implement. Thats ok so far and i would change my implementations accordingly, but it still needs to call FinishConditionCheck (and comment in code also says that), though i cant seem to call that function from anywhere, or even find it?

Cheers,

[=]
[/]

Yeah, I have been wondering about myself. What happends after 4.X? :slight_smile:

[=;199395]
Yeah, I have been wondering about myself. What happends after 4.X? :slight_smile:
[/]

Like Said 4.10 then 4.11 That’s plan.

Im excited to see what they will come up with coming months :smiley:

I have problem in 4.7 with bp_sky_sphere, in 4.6.1 after adding sky_sphere i can see sun, but in 4.7 i can see it only in reflections but not in sky(only clouds), any idea how to repair ? I asked in “answers” site but noone replied.