Unreal Engine 4.7 Preview

[=;194640]
I think we are first to be UE5 than Unity 5 beta 1…11 soon. Nice working @UE4 staff
[/]

4.10 comes after 4.9, not 5.0 :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried to convert my project from 4.6 to 4.7 .Show message me

Missing RACER5new47 Modules

following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:

UE4Editor-BlueprintStats.dll

Would you like to rebuild them now?

yes no

and then

Error

RACER5new47 could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.

OK

i dont know what do .Im not programmer . I only use blueprint . Help .

@ :
I had some level crash when converting between versions, so i just skip conversion and i just load level. Finally i just check is ok or make a fix if needed.

[=;194662]
I tried to convert my project from 4.6 to 4.7 …
[/]

Hi ,

As a reminder of what it says in first post, please ensure that you are only updating a copy of your project for testing on 4.7 Preview. Previews are potentially unstable, and we do not want your project to become at risk.

To else, thank you for reports so far (light with lens flare, and blueprint crash adding local var). We’ll take a look at these and see what we find!

I know and thank you to share “alfa” versions even bugged. only thing I can complain that you not enough focus on mobile especially on Android. Blueprint is a revelation to me. But huge pack and poor performance
for old mobile phones and lack of in game market. These 3 things for moblie disqualify u4.
You lose a lot of potential users .I know it from my friends who resigned from work in u4. Epic you have to focus on mobile!!!

Im sorry for my English :stuck_out_tongue:

ps

Make these three things and I will be in heaven
at least tell me when I can count on it.

[=;194720]
I know and thank you to share “alfa” versions even bugged. only thing I can complain that you not enough focus on mobile especially on Android. Blueprint is a revelation to me. But huge pack and poor performance
for old mobile phones and lack of in game market. These 3 things for moblie disqualify u4.
You lose a lot of potential users .I know it from my friends who resigned from work in u4. Epic you have to focus on mobile!!!

Im sorry for my English :stuck_out_tongue:

ps

Make these three things and I will be in heaven
at least tell me when I can count on it.
[/]

Yes, we have identified a set of work we need to focus on for mid-tier mobile devices. We’ll be prioritizing efforts in area in coming months, although it may be a couple releases out still.

[=;194484]
Excellent work guys! I now get 120 FPS on maps in which I used get 80 - 90 FPS. update is . I almost want to ditch 4.6 and use 4.7 from now on. foliage improvements are amazing also. I received a decent performance boost. Although, I am now experiencing weird problems with lights:

s/5kiytlcleukwkpw/HighresScreenshot00000.png?dl=1

I get lens flares on lights that aren’t supposed to have them. I didn’t have in 4.6. Any help?

Other than that, I LOVE YOU GUYS! :smiley: #nohomo
Keep up good work! :slight_smile:
[/]

Hi ,

I’ve just tested in 4.6 and 4.7 and I see same results.

I used a point light with default settings and material for ceiling is a material with only a constant value of 1 for white color. is also default scene with atmospheric fog, bp sky sphere, and directional light turned off.

You may want to check your post process and limit amount of lens flare that is on by default.

4.7 preview

Thank you!

Love new version so far, but known:

[]
UE-6745 - Values in Material Parameter Collections are not carrying over
[/]

Is preventing one of my projects from being usable… is there a known workaround for other than converting to instance parameters (I need to update multiple materials)?

Hi & Icharlick,

Thank you for report. I entered as UE-6855 in our tracking software. Our developers will be investigating.

If you create report, please link it here so we can follow up on it.

Cheers,

TJ

[=;194555]
Hi,

I just found a bug with Blueprints in 4.7 preview 1.
Will also post it on … Is there a special flag for 4.7.preview related bugs?

But maybe you can confirm too, so its not just a problem on my end…

What to do:

• Create a new blueprint, based on Actor
  • In construction script, add a “MakeArray” node. Dont connect anything to it, but click “Add pin” button twice.
  • Click on left side on plus adjecent to “Local Variables” to create new local variable.
    … which is not happening. Instead editor crashes ungracefully.

In version 4.6.1 it creates a normal local variable, no crash.

Cheers,

[/]

Is gear VR support enabled in preview yet?

Hmm… rendering team is certainly doing well with foliage improvements but I think I would like to see shaders for hair and cloth. Perhaps I will take a crack at them sometime after graduation and see if I can come up with anything.

While I’m dreaming I would also like a pony and Guilty Gear Xrd’s cel shader.

[=;194471]
I checked new two-sided foliage lighting, and it is pretty .
[/]

Is for baked lighting only? Or dynamic? i would love to see someone showcase , is it better than normals shooting from center and advanced materials?

[=;195051]
Is for baked lighting only? Or dynamic? i would love to see someone showcase , is it better than normals shooting from center and advanced materials?
[/]

It works for both, and it looks great. I’m at work so I can’t post any photos right now, I don’t have any foliage in work project.

[=jonimake;194634]
You need a subsurface color map.

Edit: my performance with current build is really ****. I have just some on my map (about 200 draw calls in total) and my frame is close to 200 ms.
For some reason my lighting also doesn’t get built, editor always says that one isn’t built.

See perf visualization: ://i.imgur/Y4wWFoU.png
[/]

So nobody except me faces severe performance regression? Each cascaded shadow map cascade takes 50 milliseconds to render. In 4. map performs quite well, 50-60 fps, but in 4.7 preview I get less than 1 fps.

works for instanced meshes.

How can I see preview button on launcher?

EDIT: Got now 4.7 preview listed for adding it

Another good list of features! And so shortly after 4.6 as well! work you guys!

Hmm… My luncher shows no 4.7 preview…

How come?

[=Dwarf King;195384]
Hmm… My luncher shows no 4.7 preview…

How come?
[/]

Click on “+ Add Engine” button at top of launcher to add a new engine slot, then select 4.7 from drop down menu of new slot. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Done :slight_smile:

questions/149713/editor-crashes-on-adding-local-variables-to-bluepr.html

Cheers,