Unreal Engine 4.7 Preview

I checked new two-sided foliage lighting, and it is pretty . Even free from SpeedTree (Broadleaf), looks very good with it.
Which honestly is quite an achievement, since I never could get tree to look good before :D.

Excellent work guys! I now get 120 FPS on maps in which I used get 80 - 90 FPS. update is . I almost want to ditch 4.6 and use 4.7 from now on. foliage improvements are amazing also. I received a decent performance boost. Although, I am now experiencing weird problems with lights:

s/5kiytlcleukwkpw/HighresScreenshot00000.png?dl=1

I get lens flares on lights that aren’t supposed to have them. I didn’t have in 4.6. Any help?

Other than that, I LOVE YOU GUYS! :smiley: #nohomo
Keep up good work! :slight_smile:

is an move, thank you so much for your hard work :D.
I especially hope will resolve some issues in past like having math nodes broken (unable to compile projects containing them) for multiple releases as you can hear about earlier and aren’t left with only option being a hotfix or waiting a long period of for next full release.
Many great features, changes and improvements already, keep up great work :D.

[=;194512]
is an move, thank you so much for your hard work :D.
I especially hope will resolve some issues in past like having math nodes broken (unable to compile projects containing them) for multiple releases as you can hear about earlier and aren’t left with only option being a hotfix or waiting a long period of for next full release.
Many great features, changes and improvements already, keep up great work :D.
[/]

That’s goal here! We want to do our best to fix problems before they are, well, problems :slight_smile: and attempt to get fixes that matter most to you in.

update! Can’t wait to trtry everything out! Keep them coming!

[=Wanderer_eternal;194377]
No UMG improvements :frowning: I was expecting a about binding input nodes directly to UMG buttons and also more mobile improvement. Guess mobile gaming is still not their thing yet.
[/]

preview change list is not exhaustive. best way to find what has changed is look at commit history.

WOW! Bunches of improvements for Blueprint. I wonder how Blueprint merge works, can’t wait to see. Downloading…

What changed with AI? Event Receive Condition Check and Finish Condition Check are now broken for my decorator BPs…

[=Terrian;194325]

~25k instances of SM_Bush, ~20M triangles.
runs ~2fps in 4.6 and ~35fps in 4.7 (HD6970 2GB).
(I just used foliage tool with SM_Bush, touched nothing else.)
[/]

Nice. Add some LODs on static mesh and it’ll reduce your triangle counts a lot!

Hi,

I just found a bug with Blueprints in 4.7 preview 1.
Will also post it on … Is there a special flag for 4.7.preview related bugs?

But maybe you can confirm too, so its not just a problem on my end…

What to do:

• Create a new blueprint, based on Actor
  • In construction script, add a “MakeArray” node. Dont connect anything to it, but click “Add pin” button twice.
  • Click on left side on plus adjecent to “Local Variables” to create new local variable.
    … which is not happening. Instead editor crashes ungracefully.

In version 4.6.1 it creates a normal local variable, no crash.

Cheers,

[=;194555]
Hi,

I just found a bug with Blueprints in 4.7 preview 1.
Will also post it on … Is there a special flag for 4.7.preview related bugs?

But maybe you can confirm too, so its not just a problem on my end…

What to do:

• Create a new blueprint, based on Actor
  • In construction script, add a “MakeArray” node. Dont connect anything to it, but click “Add pin” button twice.
  • Click on left side on plus adjecent to “Local Variables” to create new local variable.
    … which is not happening. Instead editor crashes ungracefully.

In version 4.6.1 it creates a normal local variable, no crash.

Cheers,

[/]

I can confirm , though I don’t need to add array node - simply adding a local var to a blank construction script will crash editor.

Unreal Engine 4.7 preview is ready seriously ? because of Christmas ?

[]

• Animation layer editing
  • Foliage rendering performance significantly improved! Hundreds of thousands of foliage instances can be efficiently rendered and edited, with per-instance LOD support and per-pixel dithered LOD transitions.
  • etc.
    [/]

://i.gyazo/92c92ae68f84964b79436d2d0427f754.png

Now, just need a water/river tool, it will be my best Christmas ever seen :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank

Just when you think Epic couldn’t be any more well… more EPIC, they outdo themselves once again :smiley:

Props to Epic staff and I hope that you have a happy holidays and Christmas/Hanukkah/Other.

Hi,

Nice work @UE staff and others contributors :). Please add some features like Kinetics. I show here they using kinect use in HeroTPP staff. Merry Christmas

Thanks.

[= Smarkus;194253]
is probably my favorite change that I’m looking forward to at moment.
[/]

Me too, funny how simple things can be so helpful!

[=;194572]
Unreal Engine 4.7 preview is ready seriously ? because of Christmas ?

://i.gyazo/92c92ae68f84964b79436d2d0427f754.png

Now, just need a water/river tool, it will be my best Christmas ever seen :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank
[/]

is part of our new preview process where we make builds available earlier and more often so that we can get more feedback. Check out blog post for more context.

** , **, Thanks for replying. blog one more . I get what you are doing now. Greta feeling to see developers actually care :slight_smile:

J**acky, , **: Yeah I guess you mates are right. I guess I overreacted because I got scared a little :slight_smile:

[=;194471]
I checked new two-sided foliage lighting, and it is pretty . Even free from SpeedTree (Broadleaf), looks very good with it.
Which honestly is quite an achievement, since I never could get tree to look good before :D.
[/]

hmm for me it just glows super shiny white no matter what I do with roughness and spec. Did you do anything else to get it to work?

[=Chimp;194632]
hmm for me it just glows super shiny white no matter what I do with roughness and spec. Did you do anything else to get it to work?
[/]

You need a subsurface color map.

Edit: my performance with current build is really ****. I have just some on my map (about 200 draw calls in total) and my frame is close to 200 ms.
For some reason my lighting also doesn’t get built, editor always says that one isn’t built.

See perf visualization: ://i.imgur/Y4wWFoU.png

I think we are first to be UE5 than Unity 5 beta 1…11 soon. Nice working @UE4 staff