Unreal Engine 4.6 Preview!

We did a motion capture with a male and female actor for a recent project so I second request. Especially the female movements are much more “elegant”, so some sample content from Epic for females would definitely be good to have! It’s really off-topic of course, but an important topic.
[/]

I’ll stick a request in the ‘Feedback For Epic’ section :slight_smile:

I find the context sensitive menu a bit laggy, sometimes I must accidentally click the RMB and then click the LMB to get out of it but it takes an extra second?

Also, it’s a bonus that there are now more custom nodes (for example, when I use “AddRelativeRotation”, it appears in the menu as custom nodes with all the possible components already built it) but you can’t select the old version (the non-custom version), which I’d either have to click the context-sensitive button or use the palette… I prefer the older way for flexibility reasons and would like the option to choose either without having to use different ways to choose it

Thanks for the hardwork guys. LOVE UE4

Is there any that UE4 will have lighting model as Cryengine? No precomputed lightmaps? I know it has some raw lighting model, but will you guys work on improving it to release stage?

UE4 has a LPV like CryEngine, search for “enable LPV UE4” and follow the instructions. It’s disappointing you have enable it first but it works (not on OSX/mobile, mind you) and doesn’t suit all situations (like CryEngines doesn’t either)

[=;185881]
UE4 has a LPV like CryEngine, search for “enable LPV UE4” and follow the instructions. It’s disappointing you have enable it first but it works (not on OSX/mobile, mind you) and doesn’t suit all situations (like CryEngines doesn’t either)
[/]

are the instructions @Wozner:

Any news on a release date for the final version of 4.6?

[=Demolition Man;186334]
Any news on a release date for the final version of 4.6?
[/]

Funny thing was just going to ask the same thing. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m really wanting the networking example project that I assume is coming with 4.6

We were intending to get the 4.6 release out today, but a minor has delayed it. The release should still be occurring week.

Any word on a fix for AI movement responding to externally-induced movement such as “launch character” correctly for release? It was flagged a few months ago but seems to have slipped through the cracks, thanks!

Hey ,

The preview is over and 4.6 has been officially released. the full release notes are available : Unreal Engine 4.6 Released! - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums!

Thank you to who helped to test out the preview. thread is now being closed.