Unreal Engine 4.5 Released!

Figured it out the graphics settings have new options, and some were turned on that weren’t before(or there before like lens flair). Also shadows when turned all the way up cause my fps to drop a lot (they were turned up before, guessing is due to the new shadows). The fsaa in the editor looks really bad now. I realize that there’s a lot you guys are focused on, but a big bold your editor settings are now different by default addition should be way at the top. Also cannot for the life of me figure out how to make the fsaa look back to normal.

I was about to ask, did not not paid my subscription month, as my Launcher was still showing 4.5.0 preview. But I restart my launcher, & its 4.5.0. Oh yeah baby.

You guys are awesome, downright EPIC!

I am SO GLAD to be a subscriber!

-Will

Hey there guys. Here’s some more info on the 3.1 stuff.

Do to the way 3.1 support works, it needs a separately compiled executable. We are investigating a way to have ES3.1+AES support and ES2 support compiled in the same code, but for now it needs separate code.

Since we didn’t want to inflate the Android library/binary download size quite yet, we did not release ES31 binaries. If you want to play with it, you will need to compile the code yourself with support for it. It is controlled by .ini section (you should have one in your project’s DefaultEngine.ini).

[/Script/AndroidRuntimeSettings.AndroidRuntimeSettings]
bBuildForES2=true
bBuildForES31=false

We didn’t expose in the editor since it isn’t quite ready. If you have both of those set to true, it will compile 2 times for each source file. There is one final with it where both ES2 and ES31 will link to the same executable, as the fix for it will cause other issues (we will need to query GL support from Java before we load our C++ code, which is a bit tricky). **I would highly recommend turning on es31 and turning off es2 for now. **

Hope helps!

[=;163910]
@ - Some of 's BP features were implemented in the engine, so if you were using them, you can just work your way around using the official BPs.
See: From Me For You in the Latest Engine Release - Blueprint - Epic Developer Community Forums
[/]

I download 4.5 plugin. Everything works fine now. Ya, its nice some of his features are implemented in the stock engine.

A number of folks on my team and folks on the #UnrealEngine chat have found after installing 4.5.0 yesterday that it’s name changed in the launcher to “Unreal Engine Preview” evening - bug with the launcher?

[=BobJoel;164313]
A number of folks on my team and folks on the #UnrealEngine chat have found after installing 4.5.0 yesterday that it’s name changed in the launcher to “Unreal Engine Preview” evening - bug with the launcher?
[/]

Same here.

I just went to install 4.5 and it says it’s the preview version, complete with the message " version of the engine hasn’t been fully tested" ?

Should I install it or will I have to download the actual released version again when it shows up?

[=;164243]
Hey there guys. Here’s some more info on the 3.1 stuff.

Do to the way 3.1 support works, it needs a separately compiled executable. We are investigating a way to have ES3.1+AES support and ES2 support compiled in the same code, but for now it needs separate code.

Since we didn’t want to inflate the Android library/binary download size quite yet, we did not release ES31 binaries. If you want to play with it, you will need to compile the code yourself with support for it. It is controlled by .ini section (you should have one in your project’s DefaultEngine.ini).

[/Script/AndroidRuntimeSettings.AndroidRuntimeSettings]
bBuildForES2=true
bBuildForES31=false

We didn’t expose in the editor since it isn’t quite ready. If you have both of those set to true, it will compile 2 times for each source file. There is one final with it where both ES2 and ES31 will link to the same executable, as the fix for it will cause other issues (we will need to query GL support from Java before we load our C++ code, which is a bit tricky). **I would highly recommend turning on es31 and turning off es2 for now. **

Hope helps!

[/]

Thanks for the info.However,I modified the ini file as you montioned,and package the DXT,and i got error:MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (DXT)): Program.Main: ERROR: ERROR: Can’t make an APK without the compiled .so [F:\Unreal Engine 4\Unreal Engine\4.5\Engine\Binaries\Android\UE4Game-armv7-es31.so]

I have updated the NVPack to 3.0.
Does mean I have to download the source code and recompile the source code with es3.1 enabled?If so, how to configure ?Thanks again.

I just made the jump to UE4, very excited!

The installer is currently in the process of downloading, something just caught my eye, however. The version of UE4 it’s downloading is listed as 4.4.3 and not 4.5. Is correct?

…and now you rolled it back in? (or well, made it “preview” again)

Same here , yesterday I downloaded the update , morning I still see 4.5 preview again, I forced Verify , there is 300 mo to download, I wait.

Same here. Suddenly I am back on preview. Any official word on ?

Looks like I’m not the only person with the problem.

Heads up guys, I uninstalled 4.5 Preview and tried reinstalling it, and it does not appear to have fixed it. It’s currently re-downloading the preview because I don’t want to be stuck without it if it turns out that my sub runs out before they fix .

I’m going to attempt building from the source that I can grab in GitHub, but that’s going to require my new hard drive (which will hopefully arrive tomorrow). :stuck_out_tongue:
Just a heads up, don’t attempt to uninstall/reinstall. No go.

I got hit with the Preview bug as well. Converted a 4.4.3 project to 4.5 last night just fine. Tried to open it again today in 4.5 “preview” (in an attempt to test out C++ hot reloading) and it said the project was 4.4 and that it should be converted. I hit no, and it complained that the module was built against a different version of UE4.

I tried running it from the VS project instead, and it tried to open it with 4.4.3. It refused to load the map because it was built for a newer version of UE4.

Can anyone post and let us know that is not happening to you? I’d like to know if happened to or just a select few.

Same got hit the preview bug as well. Has anyone tried using UMG with Oculus Rift yet in 4.5?, I haven’t touched 4.5 since the preview bug popped up and that’s been causing the image to dip to black on and off while moving the rift.

On a more positive note I love the SSS in 4.5

Just confirming Im also stuck with the 4.5 preview.

On one of the weekly Twitch episodes about 2 weeks ago. During the 4.5 preview, one of the Epic Developers mentioned in the final build of 4.5 we would have html5 packaging support right into the editor (so we don’t need to compile from source). But I just downloaded 4.5 and I don’t see the html5 export option in the editor. Did the not make it into the final 4.5 build in time? Or am I doing something wrong on my end?

My launcher is back to 4.5 Preview as well. Uninstalling does not fix it

It’s the same here …