Unreal Engine 4.5 Released!

Same here.

And Avast report a virus when i tented to build the code … Don’t know why …

4.5 is just amazing… but azerty keyboard are still not properly managed and that’s really a shame.
for reference: Azerty keyboard, keys not working, 'None' input recieved - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums

same here 4.5 preview

Same here, 4.5 preview.

+1, same here, 4.5 preview.

+1
4.5 preview.

Nice bug , now i can start Unreal Engine 4.5 but Launcher don’t see anything ,
Launcher ask me for downloading 4.5 preview because Not Installed. If i click on Resume Button ,will download Preview (3go)

[=vib;164433]
On one of the weekly Twitch episodes about 2 weeks ago. During the 4.5 preview, one of the Epic Developers mentioned in the final build of 4.5 we would have html5 packaging support right into the editor (so we don’t need to compile from source). But I just downloaded 4.5 and I don’t see the html5 export option in the editor. Did the not make it into the final 4.5 build in time? Or am I doing something wrong on my end?
[/]

Didn’t make it in. See here

It would be nice to see a change log (changes, fixes) between the preview release and one.

Same problem with Preview in Launcher…

Mine also says Preview, but if I open 4.5 Preview, it opens 4.5.

Just confirming I’m also stuck with the 4.5 preview

4.5 preview too, my map with 4.5 down performance about 30 fps… :confused:

[=;164243]
Hey there guys. Here’s some more info on the 3.1 stuff.

Do to the way 3.1 support works, it needs a separately compiled executable. We are investigating a way to have ES3.1+AES support and ES2 support compiled in the same code, but for now it needs separate code.

Since we didn’t want to inflate the Android library/binary download size quite yet, we did not release ES31 binaries. If you want to play with it, you will need to compile the code yourself with support for it. It is controlled by .ini section (you should have one in your project’s DefaultEngine.ini).

[/Script/AndroidRuntimeSettings.AndroidRuntimeSettings]
bBuildForES2=true
bBuildForES31=false

We didn’t expose in the editor since it isn’t quite ready. If you have both of those set to true, it will compile 2 times for each source file. There is one final with it where both ES2 and ES31 will link to the same executable, as the fix for it will cause other issues (we will need to query GL support from Java before we load our C++ code, which is a bit tricky). **I would highly recommend turning on es31 and turning off es2 for now. **

Hope helps!

[/]

Finally,i have downloaded the source code and make a whole compilation(Development Editor-Win64,Development-TegraAndroid)and change the BaseEngine.ini to make the bBuildForES31=true bBuildForES2=false and build the Development-TegraAndroid again to let it generate the es3.1.so file.Then add what you said in my projects config file.And then package DXT format.After deploying it to my k1 device,I come across a crash at the start,which never happen in my es2 build.Any steps am i missing?Thanks!

Thank You Epic.

I love release. I’m looking for better platforming support in UE4.

Specifically, around how the Camera Blends and Animations works around a character. What I’d really like to see is : ubiqvisuals being -ported to UE4 - and explaining it with a sample.

I can’t seem to download 4.5 final either; launcher is only showing 4.5 preview. I was all excited to try out 4.5. Hopefully Epic lets us in on what’s going on soon. :slight_smile:

Hi ,

We are aware of the 4.5 preview bug and wanted to assure you we are working towards a fix. Thank you for your continued patience.

Hi guys,

For having the where you are seeing the 4.5 Preview instead of just 4.5. Our Launcher team has been working on to correct . Please try restarting your Launcher and let us know if it is now fixed for you or not.

Thanks,
TJ

[=;164613]
Hi guys,

For having the where you are seeing the 4.5 Preview instead of just 4.5. Our Launcher team has been working on to correct . Please try restarting your Launcher and let us know if it is now fixed for you or not.

Thanks,
TJ
[/]

It’s fixed for me after restart.