Unreal Engine 4.27 Released!

i never had issues with cpu lightmass… and that is not an option. I need static lighting for performance and over cast shadows. Not to mention there are hundreds of spotlights on the terrain that need to be static and are also not effecting the terrain how they should be… super dark.

This release does not compile succesfully in VS2019… Please look into this… It’s been long enough now.

Can you guys please restore how it was before with the steam!! Tons of users don’t know that they themselves have to change the ini file, we are still required to fix it our self !! Please fix it or let us upgrade to ue5 early access since it sloshy a problem there. It’s outrageous that it’s so broken

1 Like

Please help!!!

i am also having problems with the outliner i have made several and even brough market place asset outliner my main problem is that it wont occlude … meaning the outline stays on all the time it wont shut off and turn on when you go behind a object i have tried the exact same setup on 4.26 and it works fine but i am to far into my project to go and roll back to 4.26… what a pain… i have pointed it down to scene texture scene depth not doing its job…

I got the same issue. You got a better solution now?

This is what i recently found.

@VictorLerp @Amanda.Schade Is 4.27 going to get any more fixes? i’m hoping you don’t abandon 4.27 in the current state as there is still tons of issues that seem to not be fixed. I’m hoping you guys will continue to fix the bugs even though 5.0 is coming out as i can’t even get 5.0 to install and well bugs in 4.27 are breaking my game play.

2 Likes

this should work out just right, as i have moved to a new country and got all the paperwork done, now i can get a house where i can put things, like a new desktop… while i will be ready for 5.0 at its arrival, i too am interested in the future of 4.0 and its expected folding back into the matrix (in slow motion of course)

hello ,do you have new progress?

Epic has not commented on continuing support for version 4.27. People say that the idea is to use version 5 because it is compatible with UE4 and has important fixes. I’m not going to use 5 for now because 4 is more stable.

4.27 should be supported until everyone uses 5.

Can anyone provide some info about the 4.27.2 update that just appeared on the launcher?

2 Likes

I have the same notification:

bild

It seems to be an update for all of the general versions used. Hopefully someone else can notify us about it.

It’s a legitimate download, but no version update. It must be a security patch or something similar. Though it would be nice if there was some sort of announcement, that’s just neglectful and irritating. Sadly something that one comes to expect with Epic business practices.

I’m very happy, I’m still using UE4 and I hope this is a fix patch. :hugs:

It’s still very strange that the launcher versions got updates but the source versions on github didn’t.

I won’t be updating until there’s any official info into this. Risking and update that can break something (this can happen always) but with no statement as to why this one is out?

EDIT: Maybe this could something to see with it?

"The branches for UE5-Main, 5.2, 5.1, and 4.27Plus have been updated to address the error.

We are continuing work on additional versions."

Said by Amanda Schade on this topic

1 Like

I have multiple versions installed, they all say update. I noticed 2 versions of some of the engine versions. i.e. there’s a 4.2x and a 4.2x - Chaos. I suspect Chaos is the update, however, it may have been there and I never noticed. When I look at the repository, I see that some changes were pushed in the last day or so to Chaos branches. That’s just my speculation, I would like to know something official.

same here but i even have 4.26 and 4.18 asking to update as well. are they disabling features? i’m scared to update, maybe they want to push everyone to ue5? i can’t run ue5 and tbh it ■■■■■■ me off they left 4.27 is such an unfinished broken state.

I just received a second update for the 4.27.2 launcher install, but again no info about what is included in the update…