Unreal Engine 4.24 Preview

\engine\source\programs\enterprise\datasmith\datasmithsketchupexporter\private\DatasmithSketchUpCamera.h(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘SketchUpAPI/geometry.h’: No such file or directory

Thanks guys for the dedication and hard work! always love to see your amazing jobs!

I’m excited for 4.24. Especially with ARKit 3.0 coming, but now I would love some Swift support because most iOS plugins are now written in Swift.

Keep working hard though, ya’ll are doing some great work and it’s super appreciated!

I tested the alembic import curve in the new version, but after creating the bluleprint compiled, my hair disappeared, and I couldn’t display it in the scene,and adding a groom component using an actor type blueprint will cause the engine to crash, does anyone else?

This problem has been solved after downloading the latest version, but if you force to delete your groom assets, it will still cause the engine to crash

Screenshot_4.jpg
Mask node has become red.

Hair and Fur Rendering and Simulation (Experimental).
Do we have some doc for guide ? and how to do it?

Something i noticed in 4.24 is that if you have a character blueprint, and if u set the option **Auto Possess AI to [Placed in World or Spawned] **the owner will be the will be the AI Controller by default.

This means that if i spawn the character actor at run time and you plug any actor as owner the owner will still be the AI Controller.

Is this behavior intended?

I also didn’t see it there, but it has been promised in the original bug ([FONT=Droid Serif]Developer Community](Developer Community)).
I also tested it yesterday, and it seems to be fixed. No idea why is it not in the change log.

Well you are masking out everything except red so I guess it makes it more apparent on what it is doing.

Will 4.24 also update the ARCore version? This is trailing behind quite a lot…

How does one get Chaos to work in 4.24P2? Anyone help. If it can’t be accomplish let me know.

I guess you need to build from source in order to get Chaos to work.

4.24 P2 source?

You can get the source from here : https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/releases/tag/4.24.0-preview-2

Downloading it now. Nilson could you give me an explicit explanation of how one would do the installation? Will chaos work? Will the BP’s that are in 4.23 be there? Nilson have you done it?

The steps should be similar as the steps for 4.23. There should be no reason for chaos to not work. There was an update on Chaos Demo today, so I think it is important to download the demo again before attempting compile it together with UE4.24p2. I didn’t try myself, but if I would, that would be the steps I would go so far.

Should I copy “ChaosDestructionDemo” into 4.24 P2 and then compile? I seen the update for the Demo. What about mods for "ue4editor.target.cs?

Yes, you should, even being an update for 4.23 it must be fixing or adding things inside.

OK. I will let know how it goes. Thanks for your help.

For anyone having problems with shadow trails like I posted before, turn r.Shadow.Denoiser.TemporalAccumulation to 0 and it should fix it :slight_smile: and without that command now raytraced shadows flicker so can we get a fix for that in preview 3? :frowning: