Unreal Engine 4.19 Released

Hmm, Blueprints stay marked Dirty even after successful compile. Supposedly due to disabling Compilation Manager (Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-56457)) (which is complete poop btw, since it causes more issues than helps, which is why people disable it), but even after turning it back on in 4.19 can’t get rid of these “Dirty BPs”

Anyway, can’t find the fix in 4.19.1 issues…soooo what’s up with that?

Hello Victor,

I retested the issue based off the steps on the bug report itself and I’m not seeing the issue with the Blueprints remaining dirty after compilation when the compilation manager is enabled. If you have any alternate steps to reproduce, please let us know through a Bug Submission Form. If it requires an existing project, please include that as well as we are currently only testing with a fresh project, as the steps describe.

As for the “fix”, the issue itself will not be fixed as the option to disable the Compilation Manager is planned to be disabled in 4.20.

would this be an intentional step towards replacing the physics library with something less problematic?

Looks like it just needed a restart of the editor after reenabling. Thanks.

Now there’s an issue with Standalone Game only spawning One Window vs multiple ones once Multiplayer Number of Players is changed >1 Here’s a gif to illustrate

Looks like it has to do with Use Single Process.

Glad to see that the issue fixed itself. As for your second issue, we’ll be happy to look into this. If you haven’t already, please fill out a Bug Submission Form with necessary information and we’ll take a look. Be sure to keep an eye on the https://issues.unrealengine.com/ for a bug report similar to the title you provide after doing so.

Sweet, can’t wait for the hotfix to fix VR performance!!!

UPDATE!

The 4.19.1 Hotfix is now live! This hotfix resolves many critical issues in the 4.19 release, including a number of the top crashes.

Fixed in 4.19.1
Fixed! UE-57228 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!FBlendSpaceUtilities::GetHighestWeightMarkerSyncSample() [blendspaceutilities.cpp:76]
Fixed! UE-56470 LiveLink plugin is listed as Experimental/Beta
Fixed! UE-56419 Setting the name of a State or Conduit node to an extremely long string causes a crash
Fixed! UE-56405 Per Poly Collision Not Updating
Fixed! UE-56175 Engine/Extras/MayaLiveLink Folder Not Appearing in 4.19 Installation Directories
Fixed! UE-56170 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_LiveLink!ULiveLinkRemapAsset::BuildPoseForSubject() [livelinkremapasset.cpp:81]
Fixed! UE-56198 Re enable optimizations for Two Bone IK code
Fixed! UE-56161 Ensure condition failed when saving animation sequence after reimport
Fixed! UE-56481 Audio Attenuation falloff is applied even when turned off
Fixed! UE-57092 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_ApexDestruction!BuildDestructibleMeshFromFractureSettings() [apexdestructibleassetimport.cpp:994]
Fixed! UE-56283 GitHub 4582 : Fixed incorrect condition in StagedFileSystemReference.cs
Fixed! UE-54343 BuildGraph fails to create a local binary build of the Engine for Win64, Win32, and PS4 platforms
Fixed! UE-56431 Crash on PIE exit after dynamically enabling and disabling tick functions through the Level Script blueprint.
Fixed! UE-56270 Adding reroute node before “GetClassDefaults” disconnects output
Fixed! UE-56316 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_BlueprintCompilerCppBackend!FEmitDefaultValueHelper::HandleInstancedSubobject() [blueprintcompilercppbackendvaluehelper.cpp:2148]
Fixed! UE-56313 Crash occurs when undoing the adding of a node connected to an in-use reroute node
Fixed! UE-55742 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dylib!FLinkerPlaceholderObjectImpl::FindRawPlaceholderContainer()
Fixed! UE-57154 Crash duplicating levelscript blueprint during ComponentInstanceDataCache
Fixed! UE-56447 Crash force deleting blueprint being used as a Child Actor Component in an actor in the level
Fixed! UE-57301 Crash on Android with timezones not on the hour
Fixed! UE-57178 iOS/tvOS fails to build from source editor built with Xcode 9.3, macro expansion producing ‘defined’ has undefined behavior
Fixed! UE-57014 Code Projects configured for WebGL1 HTML5 fail to On
Fixed! UE-56368 ERROR: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: UE4Game does not exist
Fixed! UE-56069 Typos in HTML5 readme.txt
Fixed! UE-57344 LogD3D11RHI: Warning: [Aftermath] Skipping aftermath initialization on non-Nvidia device
Fixed! UE-57226 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Renderer!FOcclusionQueryHelpers::GetNumBufferedFrames() [sceneocclusion.cpp:64]
Fixed! UE-56509 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FDuplicateDataWriter::Serialize() [duplicateddatawriter.h:51]
Fixed! UE-56508 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_ImageCore!CopyImage() [imagecore.cpp:144]
Fixed! UE-56322 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Renderer!TGraphTask<FScene::RemoveSpeedTreeWind'::5’::EURCMacro_FRemoveSpeedTreeWindCommand>::ExecuteTask() [taskgraphinterfaces.h:829]
Fixed! UE-56321 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!FStaticMeshVertexBuffer::BindLightMapVertexBuffer() [staticmeshvertexbuffer.cpp:495]
Fixed! UE-56171 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!TOctree<TVolumeLightingSample<3>,FLightVolumeOctreeSemantics>::TConstElementBoxIterator<TInlineAllocator<99,FDefaultAllocator> >::ProcessChildren() [genericoctree.h:616]
Fixed! UE-56162 Hiding and showing a level with painted foliage at runtime caues the foliage to disappear
Fixed! UE-56066 Numerous LogMetal: Warning: AsyncCopyFromBufferToBuffer on overlapping ranges Warnings
Fixed! UE-56065 Black flickering first time painting weighted landscape material layers on Mac
Fixed! UE-56055 When LightmapType ForceVolumetric is used on a newly created static mesh, lighting will still be unbuilt after a lighting build
Fixed! UE-55066 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Renderer!ProcessBasePassMesh<FDrawBasePassStaticMeshAction>() [basepassrendering.h:1455]
Fixed! UE-54537 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!FLightCacheInterface::GetLightMapInteraction() [scenemanagement.cpp:642]
Fixed! UE-54402 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!VerifyD3D11Result() [d3d11util.cpp:233]
Fixed! UE-52937 VR Mode Transform Gizmo no longer renders in front of selected assets
Fixed! UE-56261 Extreme Hitching when Playing with Stat GPU or Stat Media enabled
Fixed! UE-54908 GitHub 4480 : Crash fix trying to open the console command on Windows
Fixed! UE-54215 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_OutputLog!SConsoleInputBox::OnKeyCharHandler() [soutputlog.cpp:710]
Fixed! UE-56960 GitHub 4609 : Fix UE-56314, Editor crash when Landscape Comp. LODBias set to value greater than 0
Fixed! UE-56517 Landscape leaking when using ParallelInitView 1
Fixed! UE-56515 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Landscape!FLandscapeComponentSceneProxy::CalculateLODFromScreenSize() [landscaperender.cpp:1522]
Fixed! UE-56453 Editor crash when Use Dynamic Material Instance is set to “True” on landscape
Fixed! UE-56451 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Landscape!FLandscapeComponentSceneProxy::GetDynamicMeshElements() [landscaperender.cpp:2182] - PrimitiveCustomData != nullptr
Fixed! UE-56314 Editor crash when Landscape Comp. LODBias set to value greater than 0
Fixed! UE-56239 Crash when Landscape Max LODLevel is set to 0
Fixed! UE-56173 Crash opening Soul City in 4.19
Fixed! UE-54547 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Landscape!FLandscapeVertexFactory::GetStaticBatchElementVisibility() [landscaperender.cpp:1503]
Fixed! UE-53787 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!FMaterialResource::GetTessellationMode() [materialshared.cpp:902]
Fixed! UE-56022 Arabic Localization has both Arabic and English letters occupy the same space
Fixed! UE-56373 UGoogleARCorePointCloud::GetPoint doesn’t return position in world space.
Fixed! UE-56372 ARCore: passthrough camera texture has blue and channel swapped when building against gles 3.1
Fixed! UE-56371 ARCore: Multiple line trace channel doesn’t work correctly.
Fixed! UE-56370 Crash in Acquire/Release UGoogleARCorePointCloud.
Fixed! UE-55445 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessEvent() [scriptcore.cpp:1189]
Fixed! UE-57209 One-shot sounds do not spatialize if listener doesn’t move in audio mixer

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find by following the How To Report a Bug Guide

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que…blueprint.html

Fixed! UE-56405 Per Poly Collision Not Updating

that i was waiting for ! overall its a great 4.19 version. Never had problems! Thank you epic !

AR doesn’t work on Android 8 (Orio), everything was fine on Android 7.
Here is a topic [AR] Samsung S8 after upgrade to Android 8 stopped work with UE4 AR apps - VR and AR Development - Unreal Engine Forums

Sorry about reposting my last post, but my question has gone unanswered here. Although I do have one thing to add to my question: Is this feature usable in Blueprint-only projects (my big hope), or only usable with code-based projects?

is the fortnight servers down?

Must be a lengthy problem. I just came to my desk and cant sign into my Unreal account 1 hour later. I am getting “error AS-0”

Hello Selentic,

This issue has already been reported and determined to be an issue that we will not be fixing at this time. The reason is because we plan to remove the option to disable the Compilation Manager in 4.20 and that will avoid this issue. You can find the report here: UE-56457. If you have any further bug reports, please be sure to submit them through the Bug Submission Form with the appropriate information so that we can look into the issue.

Hello,

We are experiencing some issues related to our account services at this time. Please refer to https://status.epicgames.com/ for updates related to the status.

Hi. Where is now located “Exposure Bias” that was in 4.18 in Auto Exposure PostProcessVolume?

New: Proxy LOD System (Experimental)

I’m really into checking this out but I cant seem to find it. I’m sorry if this has already been explained, but the directions say:

"From the Hierarchical LOD Mesh Reduction Plugin, you should be able to select the new module “ProxyLODMeshReduction”

For me there is only simplygon and search marketplace. I have searched the marketplace I dont see anything like ProxyLODMeshReduction as a plug in to download. Anyway, where do I download the plugin/module?

I can’t migrate to 4.19.2

Engine will crash on load. It loads if I delete the entire config folder, but will crash when I try to open my level.
I also have problem with structs that contain another structs and its used on a data table. Lots of errors at the log file saying my soying about userDefinedStructs.

I have no issues at all with 4.18.3

This appeared as an issue in the issue tracker, but was silently removed afterwards, so I’d assume it is intended behaviour, and the workaround is the solution.

Using the networking part of UE4 actually is like an exploration game.
Well, except for the fun. Don’t get me wrong, I believe the network engine is very efficiend and high quality from a technical point of view, but in terms of maintenance, backward compatibility, documentation and foremost communicating changes in the release notes, there is room for improvement. The size of this room - well, explore for yourself :-).

Does this means we can finally render in official stereoscopic 3d side-by-side without third party plugin or the -emulatestereo with poor stereo effect? And do this rendering mode also makes use of all the stereo enhancement developed for VR like instanced stereo? Also, would this work with sequencer video capture and beyond all how do you enable it? If this is truly what I think it is then, this is clearly the biggest and most important new feature of 4.19!