Unreal Engine 4.13 Preview

So when do we get the live stream recap on because most of us can’t actually watch those things. Mainly because twitch is broken on mobile but hey not your issue.

[=ddvlost;576207]
It’s a same as on other platforms:

Restrictions are: project needs MobileHDR enabled and only PostProcessInput0 is supported.
[/]

Thanks,maybe the outline effect still cannot be turned on mobile right?Since the material requires the scenetexture:CustomDepth node which is still not supported on mobile.So is there an alternative to show that outline effect?Thanks!

Seems in C++ the Procedural Mesh Component is broken, if you try to add it to an existing class or to create a new Procedural Mesh Component class (both via a C++ or Blueprint project) it fail on compile do a ‘FKConvexElem’ not defined class, can someone confirm?

EDIT:

Meanwhile i reported as bug on answerhub here.

Was there anything in the stream related to mesh decals?

[=;576394]
Was there anything in the stream related to mesh decals?
[/]

No but it was mentioned in the Twitch stream thread by Fricker (he forgot to mention it in the stream):

[=DarkVeil;576358]

However no worries – there are quite a few other cool 4.13 features that I didn’t even highlight on the stream, such as Mesh Decals! Stay tuned for the full release notes in a few weeks.

[/]

At least from what intuitively expected to happen it seems like the alpha is inverted on the new Draw Material to Render Target blueprint node. I have submitted a bug report with steps for replicating here:

Draw Material To Render Target Node has Inverted Alpha

[=SaviorNT;575598]
You can do that know fairly easily, just use level streaming / portals.

VR Template, yay!
[/]

Elaborate? Like, where is the portals of which you speak of?

Regarding Media Framework, is the desynced audio and requirement to use super short videos still there? If so, these are two things everyone should be focused on. I’ve been waiting so long to implement my cinematic cutscenes as it is. They are neither low quality nor short.

Does the VR template allow you to package the project to see it directly with the HTC vive?

[=sbnewsom;576472]
Regarding Media Framework, is the desynced audio and requirement to use super short videos still there? If so, these are two things everyone should be focused on. I’ve been waiting so long to implement my cinematic cutscenes as it is. They are neither low quality nor short.
[/]

Is media playback or video playback working on the yet or not? gmpreussner said he was working on it last week?

The 4.13 Features Twitch stream has been added to the first post in this thread. Or, watch it here: https://www…com/watch?v=fiIx9CXtr0M

Thanks! Okay my post is to short where do I go to learn more about the tessellation improvements?

Ok transparencies are still broken when project build to GearVR.

CPU spikes when moving around in Editor/

And frame rate drops and drops when in GearVR.

This is on 3rd person example map nothing fancy. no additions.

just posting my problems, i have not gone deeper than this so i can’t say what else is glitchy.

In 4.13 all of my meshes are importing without any UV data. Is there a way to fix this?

Is screen space raytrace detail soft shadows in this build? or was that 4.14?

Can anyone confirm that posing skeletal parts in Persona is broken in this preview?

Any bug-fixes for? Any plan about launcher for? Update support Vulkan before v.1.0.21?

So many awesome updates! I just hope there’ll be some videos and/or documentation to show me how to use all this neat stuff!! I know they said they went over it in the twitch stream but I prefer reading or having short tutorials for specific features that I’m working with. Plus, it’s way better for future reference to have it in the documentation.

How is it that not more people talk about the Forward Shading option, especially for VR?

Though right now i am getting strange performance with forward shading enabled. With the deferred one and only static lighting i am solid at 90fps. When switching to forward rendering without anything else changed i am suddenly sometimes cpu bound (according to stat unit) and sometimes the renderthread takes 13ms (also according to stat unit). But profilegpu shows me that the whole Scene took about 5.13ms to render, and just for fun i’ve disabled most logic that i got, and still, strange performance hits.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

In this build, drawing a texture on a CanvasRenderTarget2D with “Modulated” Blend Mode no longer works. Bugged it on answerhub with an example project: