Unreal Engine 4.11 Preview

[=tupikp;442118]
How to use the light portals? I don’t see Light Portals or similar in UE4.11 editor interface.

Modes panel > All Classes > Scroll down to L and you’ll see it.

Yeah, I just found it. All Classes was not the first place I looked at, I thought it should be in Lights tab. Thanks though! :slight_smile:

There is no way to play backwards in Sequencer. I don’t know if this is a bug or new “workflow” thing, but it’s literally unusable if you can’t play time back. I don’t know how such basic thing could be not implemented early :confused: I think you guys aware of this, because play backwards button replaced with reset time, but if this gonna stay then it’s really a step backward :stuck_out_tongue:

I recommend to change Sequencer default hotkeys, what thoughts process was behind them?

1. It is different to any other video editing tools
  2. It is different to Matinee
  3. Down to Play forward(?!?!?) and Up to RESET TIME, really?

Sorry, but is there any progress with UE-20029? Considering you guys are working with lightmass for this update.

Thanks for your greate work!Unfortunately,I got a when I try to open my 4.10 project using4.11p1,here’s the error line:

Assertion failed: LOD_BeamTypeData == LODLevel->TypeDataModule [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Particles\ParticleBeamModules.cpp] [Line: 726]

Could you please help me ?THANKS!

Here’s the answerhub link:answers.unrealengine.com/questions/350966/4110p1crash-opening-410-projects.html

nativizeBlueprint assets dsnt work . do I have to instal Visual ?

PLEASE ANSWER ME WHY!!! DONT IGNORE ME . AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAA
AA

Hi Epic, thank for the camera refactoring, will try it as soon as I can. Question: Any news about MultiRes-Shading (GameWorksVR)?

Thanks for yet another awesome update! Would love to see some examples for correctly setting up hair in the final 4.11 release :slight_smile:

[]
Will Content Examples be upgraded with new Hair, Eye, Cloth and Skin shaders/materials?

Thanks.

That’d be nice!

Thanks for the awesome new features. Really apreciated!

+1 for the hair & eyes materials

Watched the Stream and am really itching to see those for myself.

Understandably there will be no full update to the content examples that soon, but would it be possible to just release some sample materials/assets here? That truly would make for an epic xmass present!

PS: if anyone figures out how to set it up, please share by all means.

AMAZING!!!
I’m testing the new **Sequencer **and it’s very USER FRIENDLY! I already love it.

I have a character animated (walk animation track) + Transform from point 1 to Point 2. When I PLAY everything is great!
So I’ve added a Camera (CameraActor) track, and animated and did the same, added keys to animate the camera.
When I PLAY in Sequencer the scene looks EXACTLY as I wanted, everything is moving: the character and the camera.

When I CAPTURE (love the options BTW it’s great), everything capture as I want (I use the delay and warm for extra safety) and it’s rendering an .AVI very good but only one thing is not captured… the CameraActor track.

So I have a QUESTION:
How do I tell UE4 to capture also the CameraActor keyframes when I capture?
Again, when I PLAY from the sequencer it show everything, I even make sure that the window is the CameraActor.
In preview it works great, but when capture… only the camera stay on the First keyframe place and not moving along to the next (last) keyframe of the timeline.

Do I need to do some Blueprints or something? or anything else to make it included in the capture?

I REALLY LOVE the sequencer and would love to make some tests with more tracks, just need to understand how to make the camera track to work when capture.

Sorry for my bad English and THANKS AHEAD! :slight_smile:

EXTRA OFF-TOPIC QUESTION:
Any that you guys will make a live stream in twitch focus on the Sequencer before the official release of 4.11 ?

Subsurface Profile material?

Getting these errors from the 4.11p1 installed from the Launcher. It’s a Subsurface Profile material

MaterialEditorStats:Error: Error [SM5] DepthOnlyVertexShader.usf(140,29): error X3018: invalid subscript ‘EyeIndex’
MaterialEditorStats:Error: Error [SM5] BasePassVertexShader.usf(86,29): error X3018: invalid subscript ‘EyeIndex’

UPDATE: Subsurface Profile shading model was not the issue. It turns out all tessellated materials expose this bug.
UPDATE2: Above errors are from a copy of an existing project converted to 4.11p1. I tried a blank project with starter content. Enabling on existing or new material doesn’t lead to the shader compiler error messages above, but it simply doesn’t render. E.g. turn on on starter M_Chair material -> no error message but the chair is invisible.

I have some problems with root motion of animation montage in 4.11 p1. Root motion is ignored in montage, this montage is played in AnimationBlueprint by “Montage Play” (slot FullBody). Other animation in AnimationBlueprint with root motion played in StateMachine and worked very well. Sorry for bad english…

Install failed E-1223 (win 10, good computer, already installed and working 4.9 and 4.10) vs 2015 community.

[=;442173]
Sorry, but is there any progress with UE-20029? Considering you guys are working with lightmass for this update.

Hi ,

At the moment there hasn’t been any progress with this ticket specifically. There was a user who submitted a pull request that can address the indirect lighting issues for this, but that has not been integrated yet, and I’m not sure if that solution would be the correct fix.

If you use a source build and want to check out the pull request you can do so here: .com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/1798

Thank you!

[=tupikp;442118]
How to use the light portals? I don’t see Light Portals or similar in UE4.11 editor interface.

Hi Tupikp,

You can drag and drop a Lightmass Portal in from the Modes panel in the top left.

For a demonstration and use you can see this thread here on the : .unrealengine.com/showthread.php?88952-Lets-make-Lightmass-EPIC-(and-understandable)&p=410965&viewfull=1#post410965

This new feature was also briefly discussed on the Twitch Live Stream from last week here @ ~28 minute : youtu.be/22jvxFoTHBk?t=28m21s

Thank you!

[=.real;442310]
Getting these errors from the 4.11p1 installed from the Launcher. It’s a Subsurface Profile material.

MaterialEditorStats:Error: Error [SM5] DepthOnlyVertexShader.usf(140,29): error X3018: invalid subscript ‘EyeIndex’
MaterialEditorStats:Error: Error [SM5] BasePassVertexShader.usf(86,29): error X3018: invalid subscript ‘EyeIndex’

[=Skval;442310]
I have some problems with root motion of animation montage in 4.11 p1. Root motion is ignored in montage, this montage is played in AnimationBlueprint by “Montage Play” (slot FullBody). Other animation in AnimationBlueprint with root motion played in StateMachine and worked very well. Sorry for bad english…

[=;442310]
Install failed E-1223 (win 10, good computer, already installed and working 4.9 and 4.10) vs 2015 community.

Hi,

Can you all make a post on **AnswerHub **in the Bug Reports section so that these can be investigated further. You can see the link in my signature for how to report a bug if needed.

Thank you!

Hey guys :slight_smile: thank you very much for this release! super excited to try the new shading models.

Question: How do I control the color input on the hair shading model? I tried importing colored texture but it spits out black and white? Is there some documentation regarding this somewhere?

Hi /guys

I would be nice if someone from Epic could post a screenshot/s from the Hair,Eyes,Cloth materials so we could test it. This is one of your most important and cool new feature that you highlited on twitch, we do have access to test the UE4 during the brake but without some examples HOW TO use them it is useless. So we do have the tools but no description how to use it :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Lucas

Were there any changes in physics?
Applying forces to physx bodies in c++ now causes random crashes. Didn’t happen in 4.10

EDIT: nevermind, false alarm