Unreal Engine 4.11 Preview

My previous comment is confirmed and AMD Crimson do not work for UE so anyone with shuttering should install old 15.7.1

I wonder why AMD is not fixed this as very critical hotfix.

Correct me if i am wrong but this might be UE-24826 ?

[=;455038]
2. Particles dont display in the blueprint editor

Is the Realtime viewport on?

Im getting problems with exponential height fog. Works in a water river material… but rest of the scene has no fog at all… with 4.11…

[=;455355]
Im getting problems with exponential height fog. Works in a water river material… but rest of the scene has no fog at all… with 4.11…

This is a known issue with the current Preview 1 and 2 release. A fix was submitted that I tested yesterday (Fri) where it has been resolved. This should be pushed out with the next preview release.

What is a PreCullTrianglesVolume? I see it as something added in 4.11.

Adding variables to a new struct bp, crash, seems randomly but frequent.

When i converted my project to 4.11, something weird happened. Im guessing every material that samples a texture as linear color… has instead been turned to just “color” which causes me errors. I have to go back to all of them and manually switch it all back to linear color.

Damnit… new problem. If i click the build button in unreal engine 4.11 it crashes the editor. Instantly… with the whole send a report a bug message and all that… I tried twice so far… both times instant. Sucks. Was looking forward to kicking off a light build to try out this new light build stuff you guys mention is twice as fast… but so far no luck.

“Assertion failed: SubActorMesh->HLODTreeIndex == 0 [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\StaticLightingSystem\StaticLightingSystem.cpp] [Line: 779]
ERROR: HLODTreeIndex != 0 for ‘/Game/Maps/BathHouseResort_HLOD/Section_GuestRooms.Section_GuestRooms:PersistentLevel.FogSphere95.StaticMeshComponent0’ while processing LOD actor ‘LODActor_39’”

[=;455219]
Is the Realtime viewport on?

Yeah real time is on

Can someone from Epic confirm if the following issues have been resolved?

UE-24280 - Replication issue of actors placed in "always loaded" sublevels when seamless travel is enabled - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums
UE-24339 - Crash when connecting a Gear VR binary over the network as client & fix - Multiplayer & Networking - Epic Developer Community Forums
UE-24505 - (Auto) asset import breaks after opening an asynchronously loaded level - Pipeline & Plugins - Epic Developer Community Forums
UE-24880 - [Suggestion/Bugfix] Orthographic projection Oculus Rift canvas rendering - XR Development - Epic Developer Community Forums

Thanks in advance!

[=;455985]
When i converted my project to 4.11, something weird happened. Im guessing every material that samples a texture as linear color… has instead been turned to just “color” which causes me errors. I have to go back to all of them and manually switch it all back to linear color.

I’ve tried to reproduce this in a blank project I converted from 4.10 to 4.11 Preview 2, but I’m not able to reproduce the issue.

[]
If i click the build button in unreal engine 4.11 it crashes the editor. Instantly… with the whole send a report a bug message and all that… I tried twice so far… both times instant. Sucks. Was looking forward to kicking off a light build to try out this new light build stuff you guys mention is twice as fast… but so far no luck.

“Assertion failed: SubActorMesh->HLODTreeIndex == 0 [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\StaticLightingSystem\StaticLightingSystem.cpp] [Line: 779]
ERROR: HLODTreeIndex != 0 for ‘/Game/Maps/BathHouseResort_HLOD/Section_GuestRooms.Section_GuestRooms:PersistentLevel.FogSphere95.StaticMeshComponent0’ while processing LOD actor ‘LODActor_39’”

Can you post both of these issues on the AnswerHub and we’ll look into them and see if we can reproduce on our end to get them reported?

Thank you!

Hey guys! Just wanted to highlight this issue just in case it got missed over the weekend.

Thanks!

[=;456348]
Hey guys! Just wanted to highlight this issue just in case it got missed over the weekend.

Thanks!

Hi NATO)_chrisjm,

Your issue has been assigned to one of the support staff to look into. Typically the support staff are not here on weekends, but rest assured it has been assigned and will be looked into soon. We’ll post more informtion on the AnswerHub post once we’ve reported the issue or if we need more information to proceed.

Thank you!

Thanks! It seemed like a really horrible bug so I wanted to make sure you guys knew about it asap :slight_smile:

Just tested the “Instanced Stereo” VR setting under Rendering project settings exporting to Android (ES2 -> development) and I see the following build failed error message:

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.02.43:276]  0]LogTargetPlatformManager:Display: Building Assets For Android_ETC2
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:418]  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning: 4 Shader compiler errors compiling WorldGridMaterial for platform GLSL_ES2:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:419]  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning: Engine/Shaders/DepthOnlyVertexShader.usf(89): Shader TDepthOnlyVS<false>, VF FParticleSpriteVertexFactory:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd:  error: 'View' undeclared
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: 
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:419]  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning: Engine/Shaders/DepthOnlyVertexShader.usf(89): Shader TDepthOnlyVS<false>, VF FParticleSpriteVertexFactory:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd:  error: cannot assign value of type 'ViewDependentState' to type '': no implicit conversion allowed
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:419]  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning: Engine/Shaders/PositionOnlyDepthVertexShader.usf(24): Shader TDepthOnlyVS<true>, VF FLocalVertexFactory:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd:  error: 'View' undeclared
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:419]  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning: Engine/Shaders/PositionOnlyDepthVertexShader.usf(24): Shader TDepthOnlyVS<true>, VF FLocalVertexFactory:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd:  error: cannot assign value of type 'ViewDependentState' to type '': no implicit conversion allowed
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:419]  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning:    Common.usf(894): warning: implicit truncation from 'vec3' to 'vec2'
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:419]  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning:    DepthOnlyVertexShader.usf(89): error: 'View' undeclared
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:419]  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning:    DepthOnlyVertexShader.usf(89): error: cannot assign value of type 'ViewDependentState' to type '': no implicit conversion allowed
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:420]  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning:    PositionOnlyDepthVertexShader.usf(24): error: 'View' undeclared
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:420]  0]LogShaderCompilers:Warning:    PositionOnlyDepthVertexShader.usf(24): error: cannot assign value of type 'ViewDependentState' to type '': no implicit conversion allowed
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:421]  0]LogWindows:Error: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:941]  0]LogOutputDevice:Error: 
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: begin: stack for UAT
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:941]  0]LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: Fatal error: [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ShaderCompiler\ShaderCompiler.cpp] [Line: 1539] 
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: Failed to compile default material /Engine/EngineMaterials/WorldGridMaterial.WorldGridMaterial!
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.01.18-17.05.54:941]  0]LogOutputDevice:Error: 
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UE4Editor-Cmd: end: stack for UAT
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 205.9321742s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe, ExitCode=3
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Project.Cook: Cook failed. Deleting cooked data.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Program.: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.AutomationException: Cook failed. ---> AutomationTool.AutomationException: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for U:\UnrealEngine\MyProjects\stereoinst411test\stereoinst411test.uproject; see log C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\U+UnrealEngine+Epic+Games+4.11\Cook-2016.01.18-18.06.06.txt
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunCommandlet(FileReference ProjectName, String UE4Exe, String Commandlet, String Parameters)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute()
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] CommandLine)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`2 , Object Param)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)):    at AutomationTool.Program.()
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Program.: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Domain_ProcessExit
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): copying UAT log files...
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Cook Failure

known issue? This was testing with a totally blank new project with just a few spheres in it.
EDIT: I should mention it’s exported for GearVR

The Oculus audio plugin or sound sources using it make the editor, when exiting play in editor.

after install 10.11 previev1(2) in my vehicle BP when i press compile button- editor go (without feedback/report window), also my vehicle start lag when i drive it

Is there a way to get custom actor properties to properly show up as usable in Sequencer? Absolutely none of our custom actor or component properties show up. They are all exposed for BP and usable there, but not working in the new Sequencer.

I hope this is supported with documentation coming later? If it isn’t supported, well um please do? This is rather important :slight_smile:

EDIT:

Adding “Interp” to the UPROPERTY defintion will make the property show up in Sequencer, but selecting the property will not create a track. Still digging.

FURTHER EDIT:

Interp does work on some properties. It appears that Sequencer supports floats, but not ints? I haven’t tried other data types yet.

Ok so it appears that Sequencer has built in support for the following property types: bool, byte, color, float, and vector. Presumably you can code up support for other types, but I am still trying to figure out how that would work. On the one hand I can udnerstand the lack of support for an int type since interpolation isn’t as cut and dry, but it is doable and something we need so I will be digging into this some more.

[=;454953]
I just noticed that using a “Material Instance” type also causes the editor to…

Bummer. If this remains, I simply cannot use 4.11.

[=;456512]
Bummer. If this remains, I simply cannot use 4.11.

Hi and ,

Was this reported on AnswerHub in the Bug Reports section? I just did a quick test by creating a material instance and I’m not seeing a on my end. Any repro steps, call stack, logs, or other details to recreate this would be helpful to make sure this gets addressed.

Thank you!