Unreal Engine 4.10 Released!

OK I did a fresh install of Unreal Engine 4.10 and made sure I had the 2015 C++ Redistributales and I made a very simple seen…my CPU spiked to 96% 75 of it being LightMass and then even after LightMass “stopped” UE4 was still locked. Pics showing. Edited the pics so they can be seen better.

[=Keiyentai;419248]
OK I did a fresh install of Unreal Engine 4.10 and made sure I had the 2015 C++ Redistributales and I made a very simple seen…my CPU spiked to 96% 75 of it being LightMass and then even after LightMass “stopped” UE4 was still locked. Pics showing. Edited the pics so they can be seen better.

[/]

Hi Keiyentai,

This would be best served on the answerhub in the bug reports section (link in signature). Please post there so we can assist you more in depth with this particular error. In your answerhub post, please include a detailed description of the error you are seeing, what steps you are taking that reproduce this on your end, whether this occurs in a clean, blank project with no additional content or if it is limited to one project, and your dxdiag.

Additionally, make sure to follow the steps to see if they address your specific errors:

[]
I was waiting for the solution of bug defined as UE-20358 in 4.10. Currently distance field shadows are not working for some of AMD cards such as R9-2X series. Has that problem been solved?
[/]

That was due to a driver bug which AMD has fixed, but I’m not sure if the fix has made it into the latest released driver yet. We weren’t able to find a workaround, so the new driver will be the only fix.

I have strange load time issue with 4.10. I takes now x2-3.5 longer to load my project (with editor) than with 4.9. Before it was around 5min, now over 20. The issue was already in 4.10 previews. When 4.10 was released, reconverted the Project from 4.9.

My comp: i7 2600K, 24Gt ram, gtx780, ssd, win10 64bit. (planning to get i7-5820K and 32GT DDR2400 in week or few)

EDIT: The issue went away after renaming Project folder. Editor loadtime is again 6minutes which is good.

Thank you for the link to the LightMass information. Also I noticed one MAJOR thing that I overlooked and then saw it was a conflict with 4.9.x-4.10 was I had EVGA Precision X on and installed to control the fan settings on my EVGA Titan X. Uninstalled it and installed MSI AfterBurner and now I have pretty much no lag in the editor minus the initial “load time” when grabbing an asset from the Kite and Open World assets. I also found out that in Windows 10 Precision X for some reason uses a Graphic Hook that not only caused issues with UE4 but completely blocked access to the ENB graphical mods for FallOut 3/4/New as well as Skyrim. Even when I uninstalled it before I could with the latest build it had to force close some reinstalled Windows 10 Apps/Tiles, think it was Note Taker and something else. When I get back home I will reinstall 4.10 and see if Precision was the issue.

So to anyone having issues with 4.9-4.10 and you are on Windows 10 uninstall Precision X if you have it cause if you don,t you have to Task Manager kill Precision X and the Prevision X Server service running which is way down the list in the advanced view and if you’re not use to killing services with task manager can be a pain. Also if needed I can post this finding as a potential performance issue fix in the AnswerHub/Wiki

Got rid of the long loadtime after renaming Project folder name. All good. :slight_smile:

Anyone experiencing issues with the widget editor? I can no longer edit widgets in 4.10.0 - even opening a blank widget in a newly created project results in a crash:

File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Templates\SharedPointer.h] [Line: 739]

They work fine while PIE, though. Reinstalled the engine twice. Windows 8.1 Pro 64b.

Just to confirm, it’s all peachy in 4.9.2.

AH entry: UMG - Editor crash on opening any widget in 4.10 - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums

[EDIT] Solution: Assertion failed: IsValid() File:D:\BuildFarm - UI - Unreal Engine Forums

Having problems with brushes and rendering in 4.10. Not sure what the issue is, but character materials only render flat in 4.10. Lighting seems busted and or much brighter than it used to be. Some brushes have had their faces flipped, others downright won’t work properly and become halfway invisible. I had hoped that 4.10 was a stable release, but this seems far from it.

has the noise and flickering been fixed? replaying the infiltrator and kit demo is unbearable right now with the amount of noise flickering on the screen and on the character’s hair. we need AA from pre 8 back

@ Sentura Did you port an older project from a different engine version over? I had similar lighting/texture problems when bringing older projects into newer versions, so I tend to stick with one engine version, or recreate from scratch if moving to a new release!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Since 4.7 materials aren’t functioning as they used to. Any reason for that?

Simply take a look at this screenshot below. With this simple setup they aren’t even compiling, and didn’t reach the limit of 16. Not even close.

4.10 have been superb so far. There is noticeable FPS boost and playing big map (~4km^2 with 14000 actors and ~2million foliage) in editor starts without big delay. Had to use small testmap before to tweak animations/AI but now its fluent also the big map. :o

so far 4.10 has really messed me up… i cant build lighting at all… tons of problems… Fails right when you click build … though swarm agent continues running with a progress bar, but the editor already failed… And if i try to use swarm coordinator with otehr agents… it will even kick me out of the unreal edtior… like instant no message crash.

[=;421525]
so far 4.10 has really messed me up… i cant build lighting at all… tons of problems… Fails right when you click build … though swarm agent continues running with a progress bar, but the editor already failed… And if i try to use swarm coordinator with otehr agents… it will even kick me out of the unreal edtior… like instant no message crash.
[/]

Hi ,

Have you reported this to the bug reports section of the answerhub (link in signature)? We will be able to assist you more in depth there. With your answerhub post, please include what the exact error you are seeing is, what steps you are taking to reproduce this on your end, and if you have tried this in a clean, blank project with no additional content. Additionally, check to see if the steps provided help you:

[=]
Since 4.7 materials aren’t functioning as they used to. Any reason for that?

Simply take a look at this screenshot below. With this simple setup they aren’t even compiling, and didn’t reach the limit of 16. Not even close.

[/]

Have you tried covering the landscape tile with a single paint layer? If so and this still does not fix the error, please post this to the answerhub in the bug reports section (link in signature) so we can assist you further. In your answerhub post, please include the image above, what steps you are taking to reproduce this on your end in a clean, blank project with no additional content, and whether you are using height blends/alpha blends on the blend node in the image provided. The resolution makes it extremely difficult to tell what each layer setup is.

This version is unstable. I am sure that I build lighting, but every time I package, it says: “Rebuild lighting! 65 unbuilt objects.” and some objects get totally bright. And there is other serious bug on mobile that may make refractional objects totally invisible. I don’t recommend anyone to work on a serious project on this version. I think Epic Games released this version too early. This should be Preview 5.

[=;421525]
[/]

Hi ,

If you’re getting a crash that does not bring up the Crash Reporter window please submit the ticket on AnswerHub with the following information from this page: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

If the editor is being closed this is likely an issue within Windows causing a crash that will generate its own Windows Error code. This error code can help determine where the crash in Windows is happening and if we can possibly help from out end.

Thank you!

[=SalihBalkan;421585]
This version is unstable. I am sure that I build lighting, but every time I package, it says: “Rebuild lighting! 65 unbuilt objects.” and some objects get totally bright. And there is other serious bug on mobile that may make refractional objects totally invisible. I don’t recommend anyone to work on a serious project on this version. I think Epic Games released this version too early. This should be Preview 5.
[/]

Hi,

Can you post a question on the AnswerHub with the issues that you’re seeing, along with repro steps and any additional information that would be helpful in replicating what you’re seeing?

When you get issues with the rebuild light warning there are several things that can cause this to happen. This is not necessarily a 4.10 issue.

You can also open up the Output Log windows (Window > Developer Tools > Output Log) and enter the console command DumpUnbuiltLightInteractions to see which assets are causing the issue. This information is more helpful in determining where the issue is.

I’m not sure off-hand about the refraction issue on Mobile that you’re describing, but please post this as a separate issue with the device you’re testing on, material setup, whether this is in editor vs device, along with any additional information that can help us look into this more quickly.

Thank you!

Hi ,

Can you share any updates on this: Unreal Engine 4.9 Released! - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

will it be fixed in 4.10 hotfixes or 4.11?

Thanks