Unreal Docs Tutorial Behaviour Tree incomplete?

I’m trying to learn about Behaviour Trees and I thought the best place to learn this would be the official Unreal engine documentation. (Behavior Tree Quick Start Guide

Unfortunately, I did the course twice in a new project and both times I get the same result.
The AI enemy remains in place and when I check the Behaviour Tree, it just flashes between Patrol and Wait, without even looking at the Chase player node.

I think I did the course to the letter, but I might be wrong.

First off, there’s this point in the page that is completely unclear for me.

I think it might have been obvious if the picture was uploaded there.

Below here are the Blueprints I created, which I think are similair to the Blueprints in the tutorial, but maybe I overlooked something.

Shouldn’t there be a Finish execute node?

Shouldn’t there be a Finish execute node?

can someone explain to me what I did wrong, or maybe update the course so it becomes apparent what needs to be done to build a basic AI.

Thanks in advance.

The tutorial is buggy/incomplete, which has been known for years - unfortunately Epic doesn’t seem to provide a way to report bugs in tutorials, except for this forum which they apparently don’t read.

Anyway, regarding the tag, open Content/ThirdPerson/Blueprints/BP_ThirdPersonCharacter, and on the right, find “Tags” under “Actor”, and add one that says “Player”, like this:

(see also the 4.27 version of the tutorial)

Apart from that problem, the tutorial fails the mention in Step 5.5 that the added PatrolLocation variable must have “Instance Editable” enabled (like PatrolRadius), and that after compiling+saving it, you need to open the BT_Enemy behaviortree, where you need to select BTT_FindRandomPatrol and, in the “Details” tab, need to set Patrol Location to “PatrolLocation” (it seemed to default to “SelfActor”?!).

(Probably this reply is too late for you, but hopefully it helps someone else who stumbles upon this problem, like I did today)