Unreal Crashes 5.81

Summary

I created a new material and tried setting the Blend Mode to TranslucentGreyTransmittance, but UE crashes every time. I looked online for a solution and only found a post to verify the files for UE 5.81, which I did, but it’s still happening. Is anyone else having this problem?

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

AI

Steps to Reproduce

Create a new material, set the Blend Mode to TranslucentGreyTransmittance

Expected Result

UE to not crash

Observed Result

UE crashes every time

Affects Versions

5.8

Platform(s)

Windows

For crash reports, include your callstack

Assertion failed: Nanite::IsSupportedBlendMode(ShadingMaterial) [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\Lumen\LumenSceneCardCapture.cpp] [Line: 312]

UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Renderer
UnrealEditor_Renderer
UnrealEditor_Renderer
UnrealEditor_Renderer
UnrealEditor_Renderer
UnrealEditor_Renderer
UnrealEditor_Renderer
UnrealEditor_Renderer
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Renderer
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

1 Like

Same issue and error message, it also crashes when changing the material domain to deferred decal, light function and user interface.
plugging in a substrate slab of each domain type doesn’t cause the crash and will swap it even when unplugged

I’ll see if I can get someone to take a look. Thanks for reporting.

UE-396638 has been ‘Closed’ as a duplicate of an existing known issue. Origin Issue: UE-393900

UE-393900 is ‘Closed’ as ‘Fixed’. The issue will be addressed in 5.8.3.