Unreal Challenge: Spellar Performance

Have no fear, it is live Spellar Performance : 5-Stage Elemental Spell Performance

Also for anyone that sees this–we can see attempted post time so any caught in the review queue within the submission time window will still be eligible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you’re eligible to enter as a student, you can enter either the student pool or the general pool. So if you want to be counted in the general pool, just say no, or let us know that you are a student but want to be in the general pool. This is handy for us to know how much student interest there is in these challenges

2 Likes

Submit what you have! <3 Amazing works don’t have to be perfection or ‘finished’ to be fantastic! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do we need 2 screenshots of the Engine or one? I see people posting a screenshot of the render queue.

One is enough, don’t panic! :slight_smile:

Community voting has now opened! Browse through the entries and give them some love–let’s encourage each other’s creativity and efforts in this challenge!

If anyone would like to comment on their experience within the challenge, please do so–we would like to know how it was for everyone and any feedback that you can provide for us to make these better for you all! If you prefer, you can do so in a PM to me :slight_smile:

Thank you, everyone, for participating! Let me know if you missed the deadline but want your entry/video to be noted! Though you are not eligible for prizing.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi @SkyeEden, sorry for the dumb question. How does the community voting actually work? Can anybody vote on anybody’s submission? Using some button or should I write something like +1 into the reply? Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Hey @martin.smekal, and thank you for your question.

The voting button is on the top left of a topic next to the title. It looks like this:

People have to be signed in to be able to vote on something. In just under two weeks, we’ll collect the votes :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a note–we had intended to have a randomized view setting ready for this challenge to help elevate some of the earlier entries. If you have time, please scroll down the category to engage with some of the earlier entries! :slight_smile:

You all have such fantastic community spirit; seeing you all support each other is amazing! Thank you all for being a part of the community–yall Unreal.

3 Likes

I was making a scene of The Mandalorian using free assets from the Bridge and Sketchfab; if I can, I’ll push something else later because there is a very intense fight.
And It has to work In real time of course!

I am not sure why… but I also thought about the 7.

Unreal is just amazing! Look the amount of polys and the lights omg

1 Like

I had fun and learned a lot, but I was a little stressed about having to use Movie Render Queue for the first time. The William Faucher video was good, but it didn’t cover camera cuts, shots, and takes. So I hope I can learn that some time!

Getting the command line encoder working was a little daunting (not technically, it just seemed wierd at first) but the video posted had exactly the right instructions.

However, it was AFTERWARDS that I noticed there were settings for a higher detail render in the UE5 documentation on the command line encoder.

But I’m glad I did learn how to render out of MRQ. I’ve been trying to use Davinci Resolve with an image sequence for the first time, and I haven’t figured out why each of my frames plays for 5 seconds each :).

I might have missed out on the Endless Engines challenge by pwnisher, but I’m glad I did this challenge.

Hi…:sob: I’m so sorry about my dumb actions…
I wanted to solve it, but I think it made the situation worse…

I had a render error due to computer specifications, so I didn’t have much time to meet the deadline, and I was only able to submit it on time.

However, I revised the post because it was uploaded in such a hurry that various information was missing.
I found that I could see the revised record, and in the process, a staff member added the student-entry category twice, but it disappeared while I was editing it.

I never deleted it directly, so I tried to add it again, but it was not added, and I wanted to post it on qna and ask for help, but it didn’t go up because I didn’t have permission.

So I wrote about this situation by replying to my post. But now I can’t even modify the first writing I wrote. I don’t know what to do.
I regret my past actions and I feel so stupid.
I’m so sorry.

1 Like

when will it be streaming

Community recognition votes will be closing 2023-03-16T11:59:00Z.

Good luck!

1 Like

When are the winners going to be announced?

1 Like

tell me where you can see the results of the competition

Totally! Who won?

The winner’s announcement will be via the blog in the first week of May!

4 Likes

Did it already happen? I see no blog post.