Unreal Challenge: Creep It Real

Please avoid spamming the page. I’ve removed the offending posts.

I want to point out that the contest is open to individuals. You cannot work as a team; this is an individual effort. People found to be working together on a project or using an existing project that has multiple people working on it will be disqualified.

@SkyeEden quick question.
How about post process inside unreal , is that allowed?

1 Like

Hey @PuppetMastery. Great question! You can use post-processing inside Unreal Engine; this is perfectly fine as it is still within the Engine.

Thanks!

1 Like

I am unable to record a scene from unreal Sequencer, so i have to add the sound using a third party software… is this permitted?

Hey :slight_smile:

The scene you create in Unreal Engine will need to be encoded directly from Unreal only, using any methods in the documentation.

We would prefer that participants look at the command-line encoder to add audio from within the Engine when it comes to Movie Render Queue, or add audio tracks via Sequencer. However the first option isn’t the most intuitive without supporting documentation, the only documentation that really goes deep into this is third party. With this, we decided to allow the use of post-production software ONLY for adding the audio, and we will reserve the right to ask to see a screen recording of the render within UE.

Please read the Official Rules as well as the Challenge FAQ for more information.

Hello, just to clarify another things please :smiling_face:

If I exporting my work from movie render queue in png or exr sequence, can I use a soft like photoshop just for assembly and reexporting it in video format ?

Thanks in advance for your answer :wink:

Hello! I am a student from China, I really hope to participate in this fantasy challenge, but I don’t know how to participate, please help to answer this question, thank you very much! I don’t know any other languages. The question comes from the translator.

It seems using a software like photoshop to do any postproduction work would be against the rules. However the you can use the Movie Render Queue to export right to a ProRez which is a video format.

Good evening, it’s possible to use Ultra Dynamic Sky from Marketplace? Thank you :blush:

Okey, thanks for your answer. I check this :metal:

Hey!

We do have the Official Rules available in eleven different languages excluding English. If you are looking for the Official Rules in Chinese, this can be found here. If it is another language you require, these can be found at the bottom of the original post.

Thanks!

Hey @DeadWinter22, @HR_Sweat’s response is correct. "

Your video file should be encoded directly from Unreal only, using any methods in the documentation .

The only acceptable use for post-production software will be adding audio. Though we reserve the right to ask you to provide a screen recording of running the render from Movie Render Queue.

We would prefer that participants look at the command-line encoder to add audio from within the Engine when it comes to Movie Render Queue, or add audio tracks via Sequencer. However the first option isn’t the most intuitive without supporting documentation, the only documentation that really goes deep into this is third party. With this, we decided to allow the use of post-production software ONLY for adding the audio, and we will reserve the right to ask to see a screen recording of the render within UE.

Yes, just be sure to note that in ‘credits to sourced content’ on your submission post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Btw I have chill question If I render the output then I shouldn’t use any other software like adobe premiere pro like Right? also I should add UE logo starting of the clip!!

Hello, I am a college student currently on a leave of absence, can I apply as a student section?

I’m wanting to maybe recreate a scene from an old video game. Is this discouraged? e.g. Would points be deducted for the level design not being original (or perhaps those points could be attributed to how well it captures the essence or improves upon the original scene?)?

Can you go into a little detail on the difference between level and environment design criteria and what you’re looking for in each?

I do have a small question for you, should I turn it off from Edit > Project Settings… > Engine Rendering?

It’s by default on and I can’t turn it off.

Or you mean that I should not show path tracing reflections in my short video?

Please I need clear answer for this.

Thanks in advance

Can I use Music from the EU Marketplace that I have purchased? and to add sound I have to use post-production

I am a university student, how do I get through the identity verification?