Unreal Challenge: Better Light Than Never

Are you referring to using real-world height data, etc., in creating your scene? This would be fine.
The spirit of the event is to construct the scene for the Challenge. As a note, you can use pre-made assets, either your own or those you have permission to use. Using World Creator or other software in the initial creation of landscapes or height data is also allowed. Remember, the final output has to be directly from Unreal Engine without post-production.

Thanks!

1 Like

Lots of problems with that, it renders only the viewport, ignoring the cameras in the track.

Hi, I have a question regarding the Better Than Light Never challenge submissions. I have submitted mine 30 minutes ago and it kept my submission in my pending folder. How long does it take to be approved? I am asking so I know if I have submitted everything correctly, because it’s the first time I submitted for a challenge in the forum. Thank you.

Hey! Not to worry, that post has been approved!

Welcome to the forums! - First posts hit our review queue and need to be approved. For you and anyone else worrying about that, I’ll be approving Challenge related posts that hit the queue as soon as I can.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @SkyeEden thank you for all the helpful responses on here. I submitted my post and it said it was pending approval as normal - however I don’t see it in my profile anywhere - not even pending. I’m worried it maybe got lost which would be a bummer because I spent a lot of time on it :wink:

Is there a way to edit / delete my pending posts? First time logged me out as soon as I posted and both had bad embeds. I ended up posting a link to it on vimeo with the third.

Hi,

How do i get a video file from png with audio directly from the Sequencer?

The pending post has been allowed through! :slight_smile:

I’ve gone ahead and removed the ones that had bad embeds. The one that remains is the one with the Vimeo link. :slight_smile:

Thanks and good luck!

Hey @Taturay1- hopefully this previous post will have the answers to your question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi admins @SkyeEden , I posted my submission but its not showing up anymore. Why?

https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/betterlightthannever-lost-found/590475

This should now be fixed :slight_smile:

Yay, Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you I see it!

1 Like

Thank you!

But my audio is part of the vibe :laughing:.

1 Like

@SkyeEden i want to use this one for the challenge Unreal for Motion Graphics. BetterLightThanNever

Hey everyone! We’ve hit the submission deadline for the Unreal Challenge: Better Light Than Never.

The category has now been locked and posts archived to ensure there are no edits or new posts while we collect the relevant information from your submissions. Once we have done this, the category will be open again to replies and posts unarchived.

A big thank you to everyone that has participated in the Challenge. You are all amazing. We cannot wait to dive into your submissions and see all the incredible work you are capable of. Depending on the judging process, we plan to announce winning entries in the last week of July / the first week of August.

Thank you again! We hope you enjoyed the experience. Good luck! <3

4 Likes