Unreal academy login issue

I definitely think this could be true; I initially registered my account with a different email address and then some years later I changed it to my current email address. Maybe this did not synchronize properly on Unreal and Epic Games?

We’ll look into that.

See also AnswerHub here:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/que…gin-issue.html

I had logged into Online Learning successfully months ago when my Epic account had a different email address associated with it. At some point between then and December 2020 I changed the email address associated with my Epic acccount. Late December 2020 I tried to use Online Learning and I began experiencing the issue described above when trying to log in(Epic’s other sites were unaffected, I could login).

Reading the forum posts / AnswerHub questions about this issue were some people who mentioned they had also changed the email associated with their Epic account.

So on a hunch I changed the email address associated with my Epic account back to the original email address I had used to create it in the first place. The same email address associated with my Epic account when I had succesfully logged in to Online Learning months ago. Once I had made this email change in late December 2020 , login to Online Learning began to work for me again and the issues described in this thread no longer occurred.

It really seems like the first time you login to Online Learning with your Epic account … something in the Online Learning authentication/login backend is directly associated with your Epic account’s current email address. And when you change the email address of your Epic account after having previously used Online Learning … whatever this logic is gets completely broken.

Based on the theory above, a hypothetical / speculative set of steps to reproduce would be:

1. Create two email addresses: Email1, Email2
  2. Create an Epic account and use Email1 as the email address associated with the account
  3. Login to Unreal Engine’s main portal, and from there click on ‘Learning and Support’ in the top nav bar and then ‘Get Started’ to be redirected through to the auth process for Online Learning. In theory this works this first time. Proceed all the way through the process of filling in profile details. Watch a video or two.
  4. Logout of Online Learning
  5. In your Epic account, change the email address associated with the account to Email2 following the usual change of email address flow
  6. Logout completely of all Epic related sites
  7. Login again to Unreal Engine’s main website using your Epic account which now has Email2 associated with it
  8. Click ‘Learning and Support’ tab at the top > ‘Get Started’ button
  9. You are redirected through to the Online Learning auth flow … in theory this is where it should fail as described in this thread.

I haven’t tried the above but it describes what I believe I inadvertently did over a span of several months in 2020.

Also, I sent a support request to Epic’s UOLSupport email address about this issue on December 22, 2020 and have yet to receive any kind of reply.

Nice testing, this was probably the case with my account and I noticed it was fixed yesterday. I had submitted my UOL support ticket on the 26th of december, and I received the first email on the 12th of january.I had to give some account information and it was forwarded internally. Yesterday I noticed I could use the unreal learning again.

Maybe a stupid question, but have you checked your spam folder?

I was having this same issue, but it seems to be resolved as of yesterday.

Hi All,

If anyone in future has any login issues, please send an email UOLSupport@epicgames.com for immediate attention.

Thanks,