unreal 4.25.1 is flickering and crashing while opening drag down menus or performing any other actions.

unreal 4.25.1 is flickering and crashing while opening drag down menus or performing any other actions.

my machine config
intel xeon e5-2620 v4, nvidia 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM

Sounds a bit like graphics card drivers…

Happening to me as well. I have a 2070 Super and am on the most recent studio driver update. This happens with both UE 4.24 and 4.25.

did you try 4.25.3 Most of the bugs fixed.

Same for me as of this morning. Flickering panels, content browser, etc. Then doing pretty much anything makes it crash. Updated graphics driver, no help. On 4.25.3

seriously switch to 4.25.3 …it is the most reliable version I used…

Okay, I may have fixed this issue for myself. It was clearly not a UE4 version or GPU driver issue, since it was happening on 4.25.3 as well, and I had the most updated studio driver. I saw on another forum post to turn off FXAA in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Before UE4 was basically unusable since any menu interaction caused the flickering and then the crash, and now it’s working again, fine as ever.
In the NVIDIA control panel, you can go to manage 3D Settings → Program Settings, then choose UE4Editor.exe, and turn Antialiasing - FXAA to Off. Hopefully this fixes it for you.
Shoutout to RajeshJA here for that solution.

1 Like

A million thanks, rpthom7. Confirming for others that the FXAA setting fixed this for me as well (so far – fingers crossed, knocking on wood, etc)

I found this answer when i googled for flickering, slow performance, and crashes. In my case it was related to G-sync being on in the nvidia control panel under “set up G-sync”. I had it set to ON, and ENABLE FOR WINDOWED AND FULL SCREEN. This caused the issue.

Specs:
Mobo: X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
GFX: Nvidia Gtx970
CPU: AMD ryzen 7 1700
RAM: 16384MB

Thank you so much! I’ve been going crazy trying to fix this. For me, it wasn’t FXAA, but restoring my global setting in NVIDIA Control Panel, and then resetting them for UE4 specifically seems to have fixed it.